walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Snow place like home

Snow place like home

by joenorris » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:17 pm

Munros included on this walk: Meall Glas

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn nan Imirean

Date walked: 06/12/2011

Time taken: 8 hours

Distance: 16.9 km

Ascent: 1183m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Snow place like home

Postby spiderwebb » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:47 pm

Nice on great report.

Reading your mention of the clarity of shapes once lost ....

I used my goggles for the first time in anger this last week and was suitably impressed by the clarity they provided of the white stuff plus of course the obvious protection from the wind/snow, such that I can see myself wearing them more often !

I guess a pair of sunglasses has the same effect. Goggles have a orangy brown tint, which I must confess was worried might be too dark but their fine. Bloc I think.
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Munros:97   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:68   

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland