walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Old Aberdeen. 'Fittie' and the Beach

Old Aberdeen. 'Fittie' and the Beach

by GariochTom » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:37 pm

Route description: Old Aberdeen and beach circuit

Date walked: 10/12/2011

Time taken: 3.5 hours

Distance: 13 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Old Aberdeen. 'Fittie' and the Beach

Postby Caberfeidh » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:15 pm

O Lordy ~ I used to work at Foresterhill, and practically lived at the Prince of Wales.... :shock:
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby SMRussell » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:24 pm

Coming fae the Shire o' the Deen I always found Aberdeen a grey and bleak place, a side from the occasional trip to the University area. Shame the nicer and more interesting areas are tucked away. When I'm visiting home I rarely see much of the place - just the train station and Union St before I'm heading out into the Shire. Might have to make a point of taking a stroll when I'm up in the summer.
SMRussell

Munros:157   Corbetts:10
Grahams:5   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:18   Hewitts:103
Wainwrights:81   Islands:8

Postby Benjaminnevis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:40 am

Bra report fella :clap:

And would just like to add that you can get great photos of harbour and over Aberdeen by popping over to the elevated 1st hole at nigg bay there is a seat between 1st hole and 2nd tee probably for a rest as the first hole is bordering on a sub 2000 er lol :lol:
Beech walk at low tide from don mouth to balmedie is great in winter time and is around a 3 hour round trip. Could go all the way to Newburgh which is about same distance again but quite a slog on the sand and good quality bin liners are required to cover your boots while crossing the tidal burns :-x.
Benjaminnevis
Munro compleatist

Munros:37   Corbetts:15
Grahams:7   
Sub 2000:27   

5 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).
Previous

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland