walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Oh I Get High With A Little Help From My Friends

Oh I Get High With A Little Help From My Friends

by pollyh33 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:41 am

Route description: Càrn a'Chlamain

Munros included on this walk: Càrn a' Chlamain

Date walked: 18/12/2011

Time taken: 9.5 hours

Distance: 26 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Oh I Get High With A Little Help From My Friends

Postby pollyh33 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:36 pm

ndhudson wrote:I love your reports, Polly! That's just what I needed!!! An impressive push for winter walking too! Looks like you're really getting into this winter walking thing. We've yet to get out this winter, but I can live vicariously through your reports for a while!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Nicole :thumbup:

Yes despite me thinking that I would be hibernating over the winter I have been fortunate to be invited out with some top notch people!!!

Feel free to appoint me as your Scottish walker by proxy- all gain, no pain for you :lol: :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby pollyh33 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:45 pm

spiderwebb wrote:Polly great report !

26km which is ...wait a minute... 16.5 miles..thats better...good stretch this time of year, I'd stick to about 12 ish !

That RR makes me laugh...doesn't walk fast...probably doesn't, but the length of them legs !! :lol:

Ref the yellow snow, you gotta get ya one of these ! http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/whiz-freedom-p158076

Can't find a blokes one though ! :lol:

Thanks Spidey!

He is right, he doesn't walk fast he just saunters. When I was alongside him, I reckoned I took three steps for every one of his strides :lol: :lol:

Hopefully we'll both be out on the same walk with him in the future and push him over a few times :lol:

Er had a weeeee look at that whizzo thing- no thanks Santa, that's just minging!!! There's enough negotiating trousers, thermals, underwear without flaffing about with that as well :shock:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby tomyboy73 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:08 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: well you could add this to THE WHITE ALBUM collection of photos we`ve been getting lately, and you sound as if you need some HELP on the hills, you were going down a lot like a YELLOW SUBMARINE. I think you should get rid of the RUBBER SOUL and invest in some spikes :lol: I hope you didn`t end up looking like THE FOOL ON THE HILL amongst the others and you shoulda told Gammy I JUST WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND when he got stuck in the snow. :lol: I can understand you falling once but NOT A SECOND TIME. But seriuosly, you`re some WOMAN and your reports are like the work of a PAPERBACK WRITER. :) Next time you`re going out DON`T PASS ME BY, give me a SHOUT and I`ll BE ON MY WAY to join you. :lol:
tomyboy73
Mountain Walker

Munros:185   Corbetts:40
Fionas:9   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:6   Hewitts:6
Wainwrights:3   Islands:5
Walk wish-list

Postby spiderwebb » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:09 pm

I was going to tie his legs together shorten that stride.

Re the whizzo, I wasn't thinking of all that cafuffle with trousers, thermals etc. etc. God knows I have enough bloody trouble myself, and once past 50 once your minds set there no st..... anyway I digress.

Couldn't you just 'fix it' in place or something so its ready to go...if you pardon the pun.

Either that or a pair of those Billy Connolly incontinence pants ! :lol:
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Munros:97   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:68   

Postby pollyh33 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:21 pm

tomyboy73 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: well you could add this to THE WHITE ALBUM collection of photos we`ve been getting lately, and you sound as if you need some HELP on the hills, you were going down a lot like a YELLOW SUBMARINE. I think you should get rid of the RUBBER SOUL and invest in some spikes :lol: I hope you didn`t end up looking like THE FOOL ON THE HILL amongst the others and you shoulda told Gammy I JUST WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND when he got stuck in the snow. :lol: I can understand you falling once but NOT A SECOND TIME. But seriuosly, you`re some WOMAN and your reports are like the work of a PAPERBACK WRITER. :) Next time you`re going out DON`T PASS ME BY, give me a SHOUT and I`ll BE ON MY WAY to join you. :lol:

Best ever comment on a report surely!!!!!

For feck's sake Tommy, how long did it take you to write this???? :shock: :shock:

Gratefully appreciate the amazing effort- with love from me to you!!! X
pollyh33
Walker

Postby tomyboy73 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:33 pm

pollyh33 wrote:
tomyboy73 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: well you could add this to THE WHITE ALBUM collection of photos we`ve been getting lately, and you sound as if you need some HELP on the hills, you were going down a lot like a YELLOW SUBMARINE. I think you should get rid of the RUBBER SOUL and invest in some spikes :lol: I hope you didn`t end up looking like THE FOOL ON THE HILL amongst the others and you shoulda told Gammy I JUST WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND when he got stuck in the snow. :lol: I can understand you falling once but NOT A SECOND TIME. But seriuosly, you`re some WOMAN and your reports are like the work of a PAPERBACK WRITER. :) Next time you`re going out DON`T PASS ME BY, give me a SHOUT and I`ll BE ON MY WAY to join you. :lol:

Best ever comment on a report surely!!!!!

For feck's sake Tommy, how long did it take you to write this???? :shock: :shock:

Gratefully appreciate the amazing effort- with love from me to you!!! X

THANK YOU GIRL, :lol: aw it didn`t take me long. great report , really jealous, another reason to add to my long list for "not going out on the bevvy again" :D see you soon
tomyboy73
Mountain Walker

Walk wish-list

Postby pollyh33 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:35 pm

spiderwebb wrote:I was going to tie his legs together shorten that stride.

Re the whizzo, I wasn't thinking of all that cafuffle with trousers, thermals etc. etc. God knows I have enough bloody trouble myself, and once past 50 once your minds set there no st..... anyway I digress.

Couldn't you just 'fix it' in place or something so its ready to go...if you pardon the pun.

Either that or a pair of those Billy Connolly incontinence pants ! :lol:

Spidey, I'm not buying once those things!!!!! What are you meant to do with it once you've used to it??? Yeeks!!! I'll just stick to asking everyone to walk on and not turn round, oh and remember to turn my headtorch off :lol: :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby mrssanta » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:36 pm

don't blokes have them built in?
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:41   Islands:13

Postby pollyh33 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:38 pm

[/quote]

THANK YOU GIRL, :lol: aw it didn`t take me long. great report , really jealous, another reason to add to my long list for "not going out on the bevvy again" :D see you soon[/quote]

Ha ha I knew you would regret missing this one!!!! You would have loved it :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:39 pm

mrssanta wrote:don't blokes have them built in?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby jonny616 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:47 pm

Hey Tommy

You missed Here Comes The Sun, which we sang as we came out of the glen
jonny616
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:14
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:8   Islands:8

Postby tomyboy73 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:58 pm

jonny616 wrote:Hey Tommy

Jonny....be goode :lol: was it a long and winding road home ?
tomyboy73
Mountain Walker

Walk wish-list

Postby Alan S » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:07 am

rocket-ron wrote:My only regret of the day. Was not going back to help paul up the hill after he hurt his knee. After he walked all that distance he was so close. I should off knocked him out and dragged him up the hill :D
Alan very very sorry about your soup. I was trying to keep charlie on the lead when people had food out. No worries i will buy you a pint at kintail or just give you a tin of soup back to make up for it

Funny I was thinking about that too after we had got back to the car but at the time I was more watching the clock about getting back,Pity he never made it but I know he will be dying for a return soon :D

:lol: :lol: No worries about the soup I hope he liked it :lol: I wont knock back a pint though :lol:

Cheers
Alan
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:08 am

jonny616 wrote:Hey Tommy

Jonny, don't encourage him!!!!

Tommy honestly the snow was so deep it was like back in the USSR!!!
pollyh33
Walker

Postby rockhopper » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:09 am

pollyh33 wrote:Apologies for my ignorance, what are Kahtoolas?
sorry - Kahtoola make the microspikes

pollyh33 wrote:Jonny616 and I discovered that we are very close in ages- ( he's older!) and I said that you were of a very similar age- Oh big climby thingy for our joint 50th celebrations??? :roll: :roll: :roll:
:lol: have already been giving it some thought and have an idea - we'll see :silent: :shh: :idea: :lol:
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

13 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland