walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

I dont have to get high to be happy...

I dont have to get high to be happy...

by jstalker66621 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:39 pm

Date walked: 07/01/2012

Time taken: 4 hours

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: I dont have to get high to be happy...

Postby Alastair S » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:34 pm

mountain thyme wrote:Ive been along there 3 or 4 times now. But ive always taken my bike (high spec Alistair S calls it!!) See his recent report on the corbett here.

The path at Derry Lodge looks fantastic compared to when i climbed Beinn Bhreac a few weeks ago. I must of came of my bike at least 10 times.

Yep, a lot better than a few weeks ago. I've still got Beinn a'Chaorainn and Beinn Bhreac to do and as I've got the next couple of Fridays off I've keeping an eye out for reports from this area - so thanks for the update js :D Thought there would still be some ice about but judging by the photos it doesn't look too bad.
Alastair S
Hill Bagger

Munros:78   Corbetts:13
Fionas:6   
Sub 2000:13   
Islands:22

Postby jstalker66621 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:58 pm

Don't let the pics fool you Alistair...I managed to find loads of ice to slip about on!! Beinn Bhreac is a lovely walk, once you get through the access slopes of undergrowth...
jstalker66621
Mountaineer

Munros:257   Corbetts:6

Postby Alastair S » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Cheers - though there is quite a thaw going on at the moment (checking ski centre web-cams & SAIA avalanche reports). +7C in Braemar just now but its meant to turn colder Thur/Fri. Hopefully there will still be some snow left for the weekend!
Alastair S
Hill Bagger

Munros:78   Corbetts:13
Fionas:6   
Sub 2000:13   
Islands:22

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland