walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

First Fail of the Year - Ben Starav etc.

First Fail of the Year - Ben Starav etc.

by Frogwell » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:14 pm

Date walked: 15/01/2012

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: First Fail of the Year - Ben Starav etc.

Postby Caberfeidh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:42 am

Klaasloopt wrote: And the fuss about the women, pfff, not worth it. Be a total snob and state that you can't be bothered with summiting a munro no more.

Nah, you should put them on the defensive by demanding to know what they're doing so far from the kitchen sink, and wont their children be needing fed? Also about the crocodile/shark thing - I usually go with "escaped panther". Or "a great white whale sunk me ship, and I had to eat me shipmates after months adrift in a small open boat."
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby monty » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Nice read Frogwell. Stunning photos. The summits not going anywhere soon :D
monty

Postby johnrich » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:38 am

cracking report, had a good giggle but shame about the knee. Fantastic pictures :D
johnrich
Walker

Munros:9   Corbetts:29
Fionas:5   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:85
Wainwrights:69   

12 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland