walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A misty Lord Arthur

A misty Lord Arthur

Postby Lastofthesummerwine » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:04 pm

Date walked: 29/01/2012

Time taken: 3 hours

Ascent: 350m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This is a nice walk but unfortunately I picked the wrong day for it! I intend to go back when the view from the top will be of the Ladder Hills and beyond. I can only hope that you are not too discouraged by the rather dull pics. It starts from the right hand side of the Alford Lumsen road at a farm road end called Tulloch. There is a large parking area there. Walk up to the cattle grid, bear left along the side of the wood, over a stile and you pick up a fine track which takes you all the way to the top no bother. Just before the top you take the right fork. Next chance I get I will be up again and looking for possible extensions to the route perhaps taking you down to Lumsden.
Attachments
017.JPG
I don't think Hamish thinks much of the view
014.JPG
A nice shelter cairn
012.JPG
The track diverges near the top but you take the right track
010.JPG
Into the mist
007.JPG
004.JPG
003.JPG
002.JPG
001.JPG
A large area to park here but don't block the entrance for farm traffic

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Lastofthesummerwine
Mountain Walker

Re: A misty Lord Arthur

Postby Lastofthesummerwine » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:07 pm

The photos are in reverse order. I'll get it right some day even if it kills me!
Lastofthesummerwine
Mountain Walker

Re: A misty Lord Arthur

Postby davetherave » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Love that wee dog of yours. Is it a boarder terrier?

We were meant to be up that way at the weekend, doing the corbett and Graham south of Ben Rhinnes, but the weather tempted us to the bigger hill in the Cairngorms.
davetherave

Munros:220   Corbetts:88
Fionas:26   Donalds:5

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland