walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

The Easains - take 2!

The Easains - take 2!

by Redrock » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:14 am

Route description: Stob Coire Easain and Stob a'Choire Mheadhoin

Munros included on this walk: Stob a' Choire Mheadhoin, Stob Coire Easain

Date walked: 28/01/2012

Time taken: 8.7 hours

Distance: 15.5 km

Ascent: 1306m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: The Easains - take 2!

Postby Redrock » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Graeme Dewar wrote:Definitely the right thing to turn back if you weren't enjoying them - they're too good to waste like that! :D

Thanks for your encouraging comments, Graeme. I thought these hills were too good to waste too! For me, this enjoyment thing is important. :D Sometimes - maybe often - I find it enjoyable when there is adversity. As my son put it once as we battled on in lashing rain on Beinn Iutharn Mhor, "This is like man against the elements - great!" :? - although I do enjoy the days that work out well best! But when the enjoyment goes - for whatever ever reason - it's time to call it a day (at least for that day!). Cheers! 8)
Redrock
Munro compleatist

Munros:164   Corbetts:11
Fionas:3   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:8   

Postby Redrock » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:28 pm

Bod wrote:Great double report Redrock, and a superb effort just getting straight back there to try again. Robert the Bruce would have been very proud of you! :D :D :lol:

Hey Bod, if I had the skills of a spider it might make some of this mountain climbing easier - especially the scrambling! :lol:
Redrock
Munro compleatist

Postby Redrock » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:29 pm

scoob999 wrote:Great report redrock, it looks stunning up there and on my to do list this year :D
Well done

Go for it, Scoob! :D
Redrock
Munro compleatist

Postby Redrock » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Johnny Corbett wrote:Good effort Redrock, i gave up on these two in December, the problem? Meall Cian Dearg and it's snow. Kim didn't fancy it so we did the Graham instead, we did notice that it's west side had no snow on it as we headed round for the Graham but had allready decided to leave them for another day. Very good report :D

I don't blame Kim in the slightest - that snow made it what they call, "technical"! :D You still have these two to look forward to - and if there's snow on Meall Cain Dearg - the west side is do-able - although a bit rough in places. It is possible to scramble up on the ridge some way on from the prow (the couple that were following me found a way up) - or you can slog it round to the gentler climb up beyond - as I did. 8)
Redrock
Munro compleatist

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland