walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A wee breeze up An Socach

A wee breeze up An Socach

by PeteR » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:07 pm

Route description: An Socach from Glen Clunie

Munros included on this walk: An Socach (Braemar)

Date walked: 22/01/2012

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: A wee breeze up An Socach

Postby PeteR » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Redrock wrote:Wow, that's some video, Pete, no wonder it shocked Mrs R! :shock: The photos give a pretty good feel of the conditions too! It sounds like you had a great day out, despite the "breeze" - and I hope it allowed you good memories of your mum. Take care of that finger, too, your need it to type your walk reports! :lol: I hope it's healing well. Cheers. 8)

Thanks Redrock. Despite the conditions I actually really enjoyed myself on this one :D and the space it gace me :D Just wish the finger would heal a bit quicker :( Still not quite what it should be
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:173
Fionas:121   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:200   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Postby PeteR » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:25 pm

monty wrote:Nice report on Artic conditions pete. :D

Cheers monty. This was a good test in the conditions. Not that I'd want this every week :lol:
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Postby PeteR » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:28 pm

CurlyWurly wrote:Great report and I am glad you got some sort of respite from the clag towards the end of the walk

It's the 3pm rule apparently. 3 pm and the sun comes out. Generally I'm off the summit and heading back to the car by then, so I take it to be the hills way of taking the p*** out of me :lol: :lol:
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Postby PeteR » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:33 pm

pollyh33 wrote:What an epic and fantastic report Pete.

As soon as you mentioned you were heading for the hills in remembrance of your mum, I knew we could expect a first class account of your day on An Socach.

You did her and yourself proud - well done, I really enjoyed this.

P x

Thanks Polly. My mum wasn't a walker herself - but she was like all mums though and worried about her (middle aged) child out alone in some wild place :lol: :lol: I always did my best to put her mind at rest by telling her just how wild some of the places were :lol: :lol:
PeteR
Munro compleatist

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland