walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Character Building on Beinn Dearg

Character Building on Beinn Dearg

by pollyh33 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:51 am

Route description: Beinn Dearg from near Blair Atholl

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Dearg (Blair Atholl)

Date walked: 03/02/2012

Time taken: 7.5 hours

Distance: 30 km

Ascent: 1074m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Character Building on Beinn Dearg

Postby pollyh33 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:15 pm

rocket-ron wrote:Great day out yesterday Polly 7.5 hours seamed like 2.5 hours the day went that quick. Constant conversation all the way. Including stone transmitter pillers :lol:
Sorry you had to listen to me constantly moaning how bad orkney is. :lol:
This will be the first time you have come out with me. You never went home black and blue :D

Many many thanks again for a magical day out :thumbup:

I think it illustrates how easy the ascent is on this hill if we were able to maintain a constant conversation!!!

Loved hearing your stories about life in Orkney, and I look forward to loads more :D :D
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby pollyh33 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:20 pm

mrssanta wrote:looks like a fabby day out, long walk in double-quick time.

Thanks MrsS. It didn't feel like we were walking fast. It was great not having to negotiate every step to avoid bog, ice or snowholes.

Oh tell your daughter I took another bag of Tangfastics (?right this time) with me and forgot all about them!!! Shock horror!!!
pollyh33
Walker

Postby rocket-ron » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:21 pm

pollyh33 wrote:
rocket-ron wrote:Great day out yesterday Polly 7.5 hours seamed like 2.5 hours the day went that quick. Constant conversation all the way. Including stone transmitter pillers :lol:
This will be the first time you have come out with me. You never went home black and blue :D

I think it illustrates how easy the ascent is on this hill if we were able to maintain a constant conversation!!!

Loved hearing your stories about life in Orkney, and I look forward to loads more :D :D

It was only the last 100m of ascent i noticed. The day just flew in. With constant conversion. Will have plenty off stories from my next trip. Heading over to hoy to do 3 sub 2000. Just got enough time to do them between ferries.

What you had jelly sweets and never told me :(
rocket-ron
Mountaineer

Munros:222   Corbetts:93
Fionas:22   
Sub 2000:15   

Postby pollyh33 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:29 pm

Graeme Dewar wrote:
pollyh33 wrote:With my original plans to venture up Ben Donich going awry

What's going on P? You getting all eclectic now and planning ascents of Grahams-cum-Donalds AND Corbetts???? :lol:

Nice report, and always good to see the coldest bothy in the world again. Robin and I didnae sign the book when we stayed there - we couldn't get our fingers to grip the pen! :lol:

I briefly wondered what Lucy was doing in your summit shot (my Lucy that is!) ..... then I looked more closely and saw it clearly couldn't be her..... :? :? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Mr D.

The bothy was lovely and warm when we were there but then again the sun was streaming in through the window and door and we didn't hang about long enough to let any cold seep into our bones :( :(

Ben Donich back on the menu for Sunday-hopefully the weather will improve because its blooming miserable just now!!!

Definitely not Lucy. That's Ron's sister's dog Charlie. He's starting to develop reddish patches in his coat. Old age or hanging about with me too often????
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Braehead-Bagger wrote:Great report...enjoyed the read...lovely choc lab! :D

Thanks BB. Glad you like the report. Yeah Charlie like most chocolate labs are good company on the hill :D

pigeon wrote:Nice one folks,still to do this ,going to try and get up there soon,weather always seems to be better on week days,need to start pulling some sickies i think :lol:

Cheers Pigeon. Make sure you get a fine day for this one because it would be a very very long miserable day otherwise :(

SusieThePensioner wrote:Great report Polly and such fantastic photos :thumbup: So glad you had that brilliant weather :D

Disappointed you didn't mention what a fab day it was a lot more :lol:

Think I know that walk off by heart having read some of the previous reports :lol:

Ha ha Susie. I always think about you now when I'm taking photos believe it or not!!! When are we going to see more of your work? :D PS it was a fab day out!!! :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:49 pm

jonny616 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The summit cairn. When Andy & I did this we found the shelter & did'nt even see the other cairn until we were heading back. As GLW says good to see what it all looks like. Good time as well.

Thanks Jonny,

We were felt like a couple of dafties posing away at the wrong cairn :D :D
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Johnny Corbett wrote:Good day for it Polly, this hill has memories for me....Bad ones :oops:

Fantastic day for it Johnny. Bad memories? Should I be delving into the archives to find your grim report? :(
pollyh33
Walker

Postby rocket-ron » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:53 pm

i will be back from alcatraz (orkney) in 2 weeks if your free for a walk
rocket-ron
Mountaineer

Munros:222   Corbetts:93
Fionas:22   
Sub 2000:15   

Postby pollyh33 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:57 pm

Jock McJock wrote:Nice one Polly, glad to see you got a good day for it. Nice pics too. Must admit to having a wee laugh at the cairn mix up :lol: . That bothy looks great too :)

You would have loved this Mark- really superb :thumbup: :thumbup:

Glad you had a giggle on us. You have to wonder what was going through the other walker's mind. I'm guessing the words....fec**ng and eejits would have figured strongly!!! :lol:
Last edited by pollyh33 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:01 pm

quoman wrote:Nice on polly
A good read this report some nice pic's, as pigeon say's still to do this hill
Might give pigeon a PM to see if he fancies it. :D

Thanks Quoman! Pick a good day (yeah like we get a choice!!!) and you'll be in for a treat :D
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:03 pm

rocket-ron wrote:
pollyh33 wrote:

It was only the last 100m of ascent i noticed. The day just flew in. With constant conversion. Will have plenty off stories from my next trip. Heading over to hoy to do 3 sub 2000. Just got enough time to do them between ferries.

What you had jelly sweets and never told me :(

Oooops sorry about the sweets, totally forgot about them until I got home :( :(
Yes I'll see if I can get that Friday off when I get back into work on Monday.
pollyh33
Walker

Postby SusieThePensioner » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:57 pm

pollyh33 wrote:Ha ha Susie. I always think about you now when I'm taking photos believe it or not!!! When are we going to see more of your work? PS it was a fab day out!!!

Polly, thank you for thinking of me :lol:
I put a couple from the Lakes on "General Discussion, No TR but photos to share" link :D
SusieThePensioner

Munros:6   Corbetts:3
Fionas:4   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:107
Wainwrights:156   

Postby kevsbald » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:05 pm

A belter of a day.
kevsbald
Munro compleatist

Munros:273   Corbetts:134
Fionas:82   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:29   

Postby pollyh33 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:34 pm

kevsbald wrote:A belter of a day.

Indeed 8)
pollyh33
Walker

Postby Johnny Corbett » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:52 pm

pollyh33 wrote:
Johnny Corbett wrote:Good day for it Polly, this hill has memories for me....Bad ones :oops:

Fantastic day for it Johnny. Bad memories? Should I be delving into the archives to find your grim report? :(

It was my early hillwalking days, my 10th Munro i think when i biked up got lost and came back down minus a bike. I got the bike back 3 months later so i can laugh about it now :D
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

12 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland