walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Character Building on Beinn Dearg

Character Building on Beinn Dearg

by pollyh33 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:51 am

Route description: Beinn Dearg from near Blair Atholl

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Dearg (Blair Atholl)

Date walked: 03/02/2012

Time taken: 7.5 hours

Distance: 30 km

Ascent: 1074m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Character Building on Beinn Dearg

Postby pollyh33 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:33 pm

PeteR wrote:Grest report Polly and some great pictures too. I had a similar cairn 'moment' when I was on Derry Cairngorm last weekend. Very smug at my time to reach the top, only for the clag to lift long enough to unveil the final push to the actual summit :lol: I was all on my own so could hide my blushes :lol: :lol:

I still have Beinn Dearg to do, and was planning on tacking on the Corbett too when I do it, so might wait until spring perhaps. Always good to read reports from others on the hills to see what I might be up against. This one looks like a good walk, rather than a technical challenge. It's always good to have a few of those types of hills up your sleeve I find :D

Cheers Pete.

Absolutely no feeling of ascent at all :thumbup: Even the last bit going up to the correct summit was hardly anything more than a slight hill. I would like to think that we would have discovered our error when we checked the map on the GPS for the descent :D

Hope you had a wee giggle at your summit mistake :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby pollyh33 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:36 pm

ChrisW wrote:Great stuff Polly, when I read the title I thought 'I'm sure I've commented on this, why isn't there a star on it'? Anyway a fine entertaining report, you were saved a little embarrassment by that walking, cycling dude :lol: beautiful photo's throughout too :D

Greetings Canadian Chris!

Thanks for generous comments as ever!

Couldn't resist stealing Andrew's/ Monty's title- its all about recycling these days- got to be eco-friendly!!! :lol:

P XX
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:40 pm

tomyboy73 wrote:wow, hillwalking ! what`s that like again ???? nice report P :D

Cheers TB,

Aye what's happening with you? Are you just waiting for the mercury to climb a few degrees so that you can your shorts and gaiters combo on again??? I will if you will :lol: :shock:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:42 pm

mrssanta wrote:
pollyh33 wrote:Oh tell your daughter I took another bag of Tangfastics (?right this time) with me and forgot all about them!!! Shock horror!!!

She says I have to buy them next time I take her up a Munro. !! :D

That would be brilliant! You will have to remember to post a photo before and after she eats them :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby lomondwalkers » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Magic!!! Cracking photies to go with it too 8) You're def getting the hang of the new toy!!
lomondwalkers
Mountain Walker

Munros:143   Corbetts:57
Fionas:57   Donalds:73
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:3   Islands:4

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:30 pm

Thanks LW. It was magic indeed!!
pollyh33
Walker

12 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland