walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Girls' Own Adventure

Girls' Own Adventure

by pollyh33 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:17 am

Route description: Ben Donich, via Rest and Be Thankful

Corbetts included on this walk: Ben Donich

Date walked: 05/02/2012

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 7.2 km

Ascent: 575m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Girls' Own Adventure

Postby SusieThePensioner » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:53 pm

pollyh33 wrote:I will on the 14th, I promise!!!

Might even surprise you by being early!! Plenty of strawberry jam on my toast please

Don't be too rash saying that, Polly! Hope you're not eating at the Little Chef??? :lol: :lol:
SusieThePensioner

Munros:6   Corbetts:3
Fionas:4   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:107
Wainwrights:156   

Postby jstalker66621 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:28 pm

pollyh33 wrote:
jstalker66621 wrote:Im struggling to comprehend you being on time... :D

I will on the 14th, I promise!!!

Might even surprise you by being early!! Plenty of strawberry jam on my toast please :lol:

Hey dont be too early then...I might still be in my Jelly Baby PJ's!!!
jstalker66621
Mountaineer

Munros:257   Corbetts:6

Postby Redrock » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:25 pm

pollyh33 wrote:
Redrock wrote:Enjoyed your wee report, Polly. :D It illustrates the surprising way snow and ice can change the character of a hill - sometimes making simple hills challenging and big hills easier! :? It's good to get the mentoring of an experienced walker like Margaret, isn't it! :D As to the Little Chef thing - I think they should add something on "how to find your friends and the hills" to navigation courses! :lol:

Cheers Mrs R's husband.

I can say honestly that if Margaret hadn't been with me I would have turned back :( I'm a big fearty!! :D

Well at least I know where the non-existent building is now and there will be no problem meeting up again- just need to get the timing right!!! :lol:

Hi pollyh, Sorry to say Mrs Redrock (aka carolsnowangel on Walkhighlands) is having to rest from the hills at the moment (nothing to do with bogs - I should add! :lol:). And so I've been a bit of a lonesome walker recently! Maybe I should lurk around a Little Chef site about 8am some day and gatecrash a walking group for a bit of company! :lol:
Redrock
Munro compleatist

Munros:164   Corbetts:11
Fionas:3   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:8   

Postby PeteR » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:43 pm

Nice report Polly. You've been busy recently :D Arrochar is a favourite area for me. Always good for a day when I don't fancy an epic, but I've never done Ben Donich. One to put right for 2012, as I was wanting to include a few more Corbetts to my walks :D
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:173
Fionas:120   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:200   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:08 pm

Redrock wrote:
pollyh33 wrote:
Redrock wrote:Enjoyed your wee report, Polly. :D It illustrates the surprising way snow and ice can change the character of a hill - sometimes making simple hills challenging and big hills easier! :? It's good to get the mentoring of an experienced walker like Margaret, isn't it! :D As to the Little Chef thing - I think they should add something on "how to find your friends and the hills" to navigation courses! :lol:

Cheers Mrs R's husband.

I can say honestly that if Margaret hadn't been with me I would have turned back :( I'm a big fearty!! :D

Well at least I know where the non-existent building is now and there will be no problem meeting up again- just need to get the timing right!!! :lol:

Hi pollyh, Sorry to say Mrs Redrock (aka carolsnowangel on Walkhighlands) is having to rest from the hills at the moment (nothing to do with bogs - I should add! :lol:). And so I've been a bit of a lonesome walker recently! Maybe I should lurk around a Little Chef site about 8am some day and gatecrash a walking group for a bit of company! :lol:

Oh maybe I could have a wee blether with you at Kintail about hanging about non-existent Little Chefs together and get a walk organised :D :D
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:09 pm

PeteR wrote:Nice report Polly. You've been busy recently :D Arrochar is a favourite area for me. Always good for a day when I don't fancy an epic, but I've never done Ben Donich. One to put right for 2012, as I was wanting to include a few more Corbetts to my walks :D

Thanks Peter,

Yes Arrochar has something for everyone. I quite fancy doing The Brack next time I'm up there :D
pollyh33
Walker

Postby KeithS » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:32 pm

What a nice report that was P.

I love your enthusiasm and obvious enjoyment you get out of the hills, especially in quite challenging conditions.

It's a lovely area, I don't know it well but have spent one week there and found it to be a total surprise at how pretty it is, and actually quite remote bearing in mind how close to Glasgow it is.

Keep posting

Keith
KeithS
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:9   Islands:47

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Keith Sayliss wrote:What a nice report that was P.

I love your enthusiasm and obvious enjoyment you get out of the hills, especially in quite challenging conditions.

It's a lovely area, I don't know it well but have spent one week there and found it to be a total surprise at how pretty it is, and actually quite remote bearing in mind how close to Glasgow it is.

Keep posting

Keith

Thanks Keith,

I love getting out and about and really appreciate the generous invitations I've had from other walkers to join them :D

When are you being released into the wild again? :lol:

P X
pollyh33
Walker

Postby KeithS » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:04 pm

I'm getting cabin fever. Had a few nice snowy walks in the Derbyshire Peak District but it's not the same.

Up in Laide in a week :D but mainly doing not walking type stuff :(

Hoping to get a good week in Fisherfield and around there at the end of May and then Glen Etive later in the year to do some tidying up around there. I'm at the finishing areas off stage now. It's all good stuff.

Roll on retirement :D :D :D
KeithS
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:9   Islands:47

Postby Redrock » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:04 pm

pollyh33 wrote: Oh maybe I could have a wee blether with you at Kintail about hanging about non-existent Little Chefs together and get a walk organised :D :D

Okay - that sounds good! :D See you at Kintail. I'd better get fit! 8)
Redrock
Munro compleatist

Munros:164   Corbetts:11
Fionas:3   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:8   

Postby pollyh33 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Keith Sayliss wrote:
Roll on retirement :D :D :D

:evil: :evil: :evil:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Redrock wrote: I'd better get fit! 8)

Don't you dare Mr R!!! I've seen your walks- you're too fast as it is!!! :D
pollyh33
Walker

Postby rocket-ron2 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:28 pm

Your going to have to up your fitness level mrs snail
rocket-ron2

Postby pollyh33 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:33 pm

rocket-ron2 wrote:Your going to have to up your fitness level mrs snail

Oh I know!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby rocket-ron2 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:40 pm

I was being sarcastic. You left me standing last time I was out walking with you. I was struggling to keep up with you . I lost about a stone in weight should make me a bit faster not carrying so much weight
rocket-ron2

10 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland