walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Vane, from Inveruglas

Ben Vane, from Inveruglas

Postby bio-man » Sat May 31, 2008 7:05 pm

Route description: Ben Vane, from Inveruglas

Munros included on this walk: Ben Vane

Date walked: 31/05/2008

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Ben Vane route description

One of my favourite mountains, it looks tougher than it is!! The parking is indeed at Inveruglas, no parking allowed at the Forestry gate. Inveruglas is on the banks of Loch lomond and is ideal for cooling the feet!! The walk-in is pretty featureless and marred by the large sub-station and pylons. Once Ben Vane, A'Chrois and Beinn Narnain come into sight, the outlook changes. If you're bringing a dog, then leash on at all times until on the slopes of Ben Vane. The scrambling is first-rate and ideal for a beginner too. Although the smallest of the Arrochar Alps, you can get a good idea of the terrain from Ben Vane and through Beinn Ime, Narnain to A'Chrois. To continue is hard graft, but very satisfying. The ridge between Beinn Narnain and A'Chrois is excellent and if you're feeling very energetic then add The Cobbler as well!!!
Descend north from Beinn Narnain back into Coiregrograin and a well-earned, easy walk back to Inveruglas.
Attachments
Ben Vane from Loch Arklet2.jpg
A'Crois and Beinn Narnain to the left and Ben Vorlich to the right.
3 Lochs - Lomond, Arklet and Katrine2.jpg
Beinn Narnain and the track in Coiregrogain2.jpg
The Cobbler is to the right of Beinn Narnain and the southern slope of Beinn Ime on the right of the picture.
bio-man
Munro compleatist

Munros:1   

Re: Ben Vane, from Inveruglas

Postby canisp » Sat May 31, 2008 8:41 pm

Good route description and photo’s. I think the first ones best, i like the blue of the loch :)
Did Ben Vane years ago, seem to remember it was very steep, or maybe i picked a bad line :?
I was at Loch Arklet on Sunday 18 May, can’t say i liked the drive in or out much, too many potholes :( , and too much traffic :( , but the scenery was great :D
canisp

Munros:281   Corbetts:191
Fionas:28   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:195
Wainwrights:213   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland