walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

How to loose a guy in 1 day

How to loose a guy in 1 day

by Mountainlove » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:37 pm

Route description: Beinn Bhuidhe, via Glen Fyne

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Bhuidhe

Date walked: 19/02/2012

Time taken: 7.45 hours

Distance: 21.5 km

Ascent: 1129m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: How to loose a guy in 1 day

Postby Mountainlove » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:22 pm

@daveh ...Thanks...I hope that winter will return for a while...although kind of looking forward to warmer weather :D

@dooterbang...In my life I turned back 3 x because of bad weather conditions...once when I took a
friend who would not have been able to carry on...so yes I know when to turn back :D
Hope you will enjoy your day out with your friend :D :D It looks like a wild weekend!
As it was just a 'normal' holiday I dont think I will write a TR, but I am planning a slideshow

@ soulminer... as your analytical mind facinates me... :wink:
You can cut steps first and hand back the ice axe! It was a very short distance!
Regarding map and GPS...having a GPS which showed the hill and my location, is a huge improvement to
all the times I had no map...even though it wasnt a 25.000 one.

@Johnny Corbett...the only condition I didnt walk in so far is a thunderstorm...and dont really fancy that
experience...apart from that Scotland was the most challenging country with snowstorms, gales,
vertical rain, mist with no visibility - just to mention a few.
But I do appreciate your and other members concern!!!
Mountainlove
Munro compleatist

Munros:90   Corbetts:54
Fionas:7   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:10

Postby jstalker66621 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:29 pm

Loving the homemade map...have you considered applying for a job with the ordenance survey...or submitting your entry to Rolf Harris..."can you tell what it is yet"????
jstalker66621
Mountaineer

Munros:257   Corbetts:6

Postby brpro26 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:42 am

Have been missing these epic tales of adventure and route one approach to hillwalking.

Kenya seems a long way to go for a new BF, remember he's not just for xmas.
Your past 14th Feb V-day...so it must be serious.
Glad to hear your back in the saddle....hillwalking that is!!! We've missed your Craic.

Thought with the name Marco and a tenous connection with Mr.Polo he'd be up for an adventure?

I see the problem with your map...it doesn't have a dot that says "You Are Here" on it.

As for Crampons or Ice axe....take your pick.

If it's fun keep doing it till it hurts. :lol:
brpro26

Munros:220   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:9   

Postby dooterbang » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:49 am

mountain thyme wrote:
dooterbang wrote:I will be taking someone out this Saturday who has no experience of Winter walking but i have PM a few folk for advice on route and possible dangers as its hills i havn't done before. I'm awaiting replies and will take advice on board.

Will the new burd be writing the same report next week dooters.. how to lose a guy in 1 day... after she does a runner after spending a full day listening to your patter??! :D

New Burd - my special friend you mean???? Am spending the weekend on a farm!! Lock up the sheep - bah!!
dooterbang
Munro compleatist

Munros:262   Corbetts:58
Fionas:18   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:10   Hewitts:18
Wainwrights:21   Islands:19

Postby dooterbang » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:51 am

jools wrote:
mountain thyme wrote:
dooterbang wrote:I will be taking someone out this Saturday who has no experience of Winter walking but i have PM a few folk for advice on route and possible dangers as its hills i havn't done before. I'm awaiting replies and will take advice on board.

Will the new burd be writing the same report next week dooters.. how to lose a guy in 1 day... after she does a runner after spending a full day listening to your patter??! :D

:lol: really made me chuckle, I take it MT you know dooterbang really well

Jools - she would like to know me well but shes far too old for me :lol:
dooterbang
Munro compleatist

Munros:262   Corbetts:58
Fionas:18   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:10   Hewitts:18
Wainwrights:21   Islands:19

Postby Mountainlove » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:18 pm

jstalker66621 wrote:Loving the homemade map...have you considered applying for a job with the ordenance survey...or submitting your entry to Rolf Harris..."can you tell what it is yet"????

Lol like that idea ;-)

brpro26 wrote:Kenya seems a long way to go for a new BF, remember he's not just for xmas.

Lol I am glad I found him here...in Kenya I would have had serious competition with the 60+ ladies who seem to go on holidays only for the one thing....I am still disturbed by some of the stories I was told by my 68 year old roomy I had on Safari :lol: :shock:
Thought with the name Marco and a tenous connection with Mr.Polo he'd be up for an adventure?

With a few months in my company he will be ;-)
If it's fun keep doing it till it hurts. :lol:

Very wise ...enjoy life while you can - you only have the one...thats what I always say :D

dooterbang wrote:New Burd - my special friend you mean???? Am spending the weekend on a farm!! Lock up the sheep - bah!!

Ok if I come across any seriously disturbed sheep up the hills in future- I will know who to blame :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mountainlove
Munro compleatist

Munros:90   Corbetts:54
Fionas:7   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:10

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland