walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

An Afternoon Jaunt to Corrie Fee

An Afternoon Jaunt to Corrie Fee

Postby macq23 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:35 pm

Date walked: 04/03/2012

Time taken: 1.5 hours

Distance: 6.8 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Just a very small report from a small walk up to the Corrie Fee from Glen Doll this afternoon.

I have been up this way many times, but this time brought my mother, brother and my visiting aussie cousin. The expressions on their faces when they came out from the forest, into the opening of Corrie Fee, really made my day :D I've been going on the past few days to them about the dramatic view, and they are now in agreement with me!!

Here are a few pics, and it was a nice way to end my week off work!

P.S. the beer and food at the Clova Hotel afterwards went down a treat too!!! :lol:

DSC01459.JPG
View as we started from Glen Doll Car park

DSC01467.JPG
The magnificant Corrie Fee

DSC01468.JPG
Close up of Corrie Fee

DSC01469.JPG
The Waterfall

DSC01470.JPG
Group picture at Corrie Fee

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Last edited by macq23 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
macq23
Hill Bagger

Munros:52   Corbetts:6
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:9   
Islands:6

Re: An Afternoon Jaunt to Corrie Fee

Postby quoman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Its a wonderful place to be in, i was blowin away when i seen it
quoman
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:10
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:2   

Postby macq23 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:21 pm

quoman wrote:Its a wonderful place to be in, i was blowin away when i seen it

The look on people's faces when they go up there for the first time always bring a smile to my face!
macq23
Hill Bagger

Postby Tomsie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 pm

its an amazing sight when you step out of forrest, this was in converstion on our walk yesterday, stunning place
Tomsie
Walker

Munros:166   Corbetts:71
Fionas:38   Donalds:36
Sub 2000:21   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:8

Postby Sabbathstevie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Great stuff Macq23, was also up there the day before you. I was trying to give my dad an easy itnroduction to hill walking, knowing full well that like me he'd be hooked after seeing the Corrie Fee! :lol: Looks like you got a better day of it - lots of atmospheric but frustrating clag on the Saturday!

A lot more fag ends, bottles and rubbish around than when I was last there though. :evil: I cleaned up what I saw but I can't understand why anyone who loves these places and makes the effort to go see them would leave their s**t behind!

Didn't run into any of the Glen Doll wolves discussed over in the wildlife thread though... :shock:
Sabbathstevie
Hill Bagger

Munros:66   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:5   
Islands:10

Postby ChrisW » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:21 pm

Fond memories for me too Mac, I had a crappy morning heading out to hike Mayer and Driesh but that beautiful view as you exit the trees soon put me right :D
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby jonny616 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:28 pm

Gorgeous place. I'm going to camp there with my kids when the temp raises a bit.
jonny616
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:14
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:8   Islands:8

Postby macq23 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:56 pm

Tomsie wrote:its an amazing sight when you step out of forrest, this was in converstion on our walk yesterday, stunning place

Isn't just a stunning sight indeed?! :)

Sabbathstevie wrote:A lot more fag ends, bottles and rubbish around than when I was last there though. :evil: I cleaned up what I saw but I can't understand why anyone who loves these places and makes the effort to go see them would leave their s**t behind!

Can't believe folks would leave their rubbish up there. Truly shocking. You did a cracking job clearing up, there wasn't any rubbish to be seen! Love your picture of the dark,moody,mysterious Corrie Fee :)

ChrisW wrote:Fond memories for me too Mac, I had a crappy morning heading out to hike Mayer and Driesh but that beautiful view as you exit the trees soon put me right :D

You're not the only one. Also did Mayar and Driesh on a crappy day too :lol:

jonny616 wrote:Gorgeous place. I'm going to camp there with my kids when the temp raises a bit.

Something tells me that's going to be an amazing camping experience!! :)
macq23
Hill Bagger

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland