walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Buachaille Etive Beag

Buachaille Etive Beag

Postby jimandandrea » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:06 pm

Route description: Buachaille Etive Beag

Munros included on this walk: Stob Coire Raineach (Buachaille Etive Beag), Stob Dubh (Buachaille Etive Beag)

Date walked: 29/02/2012

Time taken: 4.5 hours

Distance: 9 km

Ascent: 870m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Having shelled out for a week in Glencoe we were not going to let a little rain and clag get in the way - we live in Cumbria after all! Pick a route, hope the forecast is bo££ocks and lets get going.

Never a good sign when yours is the only car in what should be a fairly busy car park.Hmmm..

As we set off I was fairly optimistic that the cloud would lift and we would get to see some views. Denial would be a better word actually. In contrast to the previous day the path was bob on and it was a pleasure to ascend. Just like the Lake District really. Maybe I wasn't going to get my boots wet today I thought? Doh! They are still soaking!

Ascending the NT path

Still ascending the NT path...

Path ascended. Where now - oh jings.... here comes the clag. OK camera away. Lets get to the top.

Stob Coire Raineach with fine vista panarama of the surrounding mountains.

Moving swiftly on....
[Image
Oh it just gets better and better.

It is at this point that we met a fellow WH walker - ciderpeter. Here we are up a mountain in Glencoe and we meet someone else living in Cumbria. Small world. A good chat and we are grateful for the pic he took at the top of Stob Dubh - cheers Peter.
Cheeze!

Of course we reciprocated and made our way down together shooting the breeze/clag and discussing the merits of WH and many other important aspects of life.
Once again the views as we made our way down were quite breathtaking...

inspirational...

At the bealach the clouds parted and the views of the tops appeared
Oh how we laughed!

Back down the path we trod and as we made our way down we decided to put the clouds and the clag... and the wind ... oh and the rain behind us and stop off at the little cafe just across the road from the car park.
But it was shut! :shock: :shock: :shock:
jimandandrea
Munro compleatist

Munros:264   Corbetts:6
Hewitts:98
Wainwrights:214   

Re: Buachaille Etive Beag

Postby quoman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:38 pm

Hope you enjoy your week up in glen coe and i hope you get some nice views.
quoman
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:10
Grahams:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:2   

Postby Fudgie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:44 pm

It seems like despite the lack of views, you still enjoyed yourselves which is always good. You'll just need to go back on a better day :thumbup:
Fudgie
Mountain Walker

Munros:98   Corbetts:20
Grahams:3   Donalds:7

Postby ChrisW » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:08 pm

Great report J&A, I laughed out loud at some points :lol: , you still got some lovely photos on a claggy sort of day and better still you were out there whilst others were in the office :wink: :D
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Grahams:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby jimandandrea » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:20 pm

ChrisW wrote:Great report J&A, I laughed out loud at some points :lol: , you still got some lovely photos on a claggy sort of day and better still you were out there whilst others were in the office :wink: :D

Had to make the most of the day as it was an extra one! You keep those snowy Canada pics coming - amazing. :thumbup: :thumbup:
jimandandrea
Munro compleatist

Munros:264   Corbetts:6
Hewitts:98
Wainwrights:214   

Postby Johnny Corbett » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:59 pm

Great wee walk this one, i was lucky when i did them as i got some nice views even though there were small showers in between. Thinking about doing them again soon with Kim as she's not done them yet. Cheers for report :D
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:18   Corbetts:207
Grahams:162   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:285   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland