walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Mamores cracker

Mamores cracker

by pigeon » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Munros included on this walk: Binnein Beag, Binnein Mòr, Na Gruagaichean

Date walked: 18/03/2012

Time taken: 7.5 hours

Distance: 18.5 km

Ascent: 1613m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Mamores cracker

Postby Graeme D » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Certainly looks like it was a cracker pigeon. Really must break my Mamores duck this year! :shock:
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:124
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:62   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Postby PeteR » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Good effort pigeon and some great pictures :D This whole area id jam packed with great hills and great walks :D Looks like you're having a good run of it lately with the weather and the good walking. And good to see the stove is fixed, even if the soup was rubbish :(

I think the Mamores are amongst my favourite hills so far :D I've loved every trip I've had up there and seeing them with snow on has me thinking they'll be revisited next winter :D

I was a little further north than you yesterday and was surprised at how good the weather was, given the forecast for the northwest highlands :D Even had a similar snow shower to you, but that's all part of the fun :D
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:173
Fionas:122   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:200   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Postby Ian Bayne » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:01 pm

Good report cracking photos see you have mastered the timer looks like a cracking set of hills my legs were buggered on sunday cannae pogo like I used to allright for next weekend
Ian Bayne
Mountain Walker

Munros:184   Corbetts:39
Fionas:13   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:12   

Postby jonny616 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Another great day there pigeon. I have done two of these & hope to get the other two soon.
jonny616
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:14
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:8   Islands:8

Postby pigeon » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:43 pm

rockhopper wrote:Enjoyed that pigeon - great photos and another cracking day :thumbup: Haven't been up here yet but am hoping to some time this year maybe - cheers :D
Cheers RH,you could add sgurr eilde mor onto these 3 no sweat :lol:
Bod wrote:Wow yes! Very much a cracker....looks a fantastic walk. Been a couple years now since I was next door on the Ring of Steall, will need to return. Cheers :D :D :D
Thanks Bod,defo going to head up there in summer for the ring of steall :D
snodland wrote:Top report - and an area I go to each year. But I have to share your opinion about the soup. Baxters is the best you can get right enough but my mum (rightly) sent a complaint when they stopped making a wonderful "Cream of Country Vegetable" and they never even replied let alone send her a caseful of the stuff in compensation!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aye very dissapointed,hopefully back to the homemade gear next time :lol:
soapy27 wrote:Great pics .This route looks amazing ,hope to get some of the Mamores done this year :D
Cheers soapy
blueyed wrote:truly, that was a cracker!
Thanks blueyed
Graeme D wrote:Certainly looks like it was a cracker pigeon. Really must break my Mamores duck this year! :shock:
You should go with Rockhopper :lol:
PeteR wrote:Good effort pigeon and some great pictures :D This whole area id jam packed with great hills and great walks :D Looks like you're having a good run of it lately with the weather and the good walking. And good to see the stove is fixed, even if the soup was rubbish :(

I think the Mamores are amongst my favourite hills so far :D I've loved every trip I've had up there and seeing them with snow on has me thinking they'll be revisited next winter :D

I was a little further north than you yesterday and was surprised at how good the weather was, given the forecast for the northwest highlands :D Even had a similar snow shower to you, but that's all part of the fun :D
Cheers pete,weather no quite as good as last week but on the plus side no-where near as windy.Look forward to your report,where did you go?
Ian Bayne wrote:Good report cracking photos see you have mastered the timer looks like a cracking set of hills my legs were buggered on sunday cannae pogo like I used to allright for next weekend
Cheers Ian ,you need to give up that moshing :lol: :lol: :lol:
jonny616 wrote:Another great day there pigeon. I have done two of these & hope to get the other two soon.
Cheers jonny,2 good weeks on the trot for us,what chance a hat trick? 8)
pigeon
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:130
Fionas:41   Donalds:40+7
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   Islands:2
Walk wish-list

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland