walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Clyde Falls & New Lanark

Clyde Falls & New Lanark

Postby velvet-rose » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:13 am

Route description: The Falls of Clyde classic, New Lanark

Date walked: 18/09/2009

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 3 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

We are fairly new walkers.. and enjoy every minute. We decided to go to the Clyde Falls, via New Lanark. There are lots of interests @ New Lanark Village, for those with Historical Inerests. We found it to be easy, relaxing and great views. Did not see any wild life. It is Steep in places. Plenty of view posts, if you need to rest. there are seats along the walk. Parents must keep eye on their children. Dog friendly. We took plenty of Photographs. The views were amazing. We have done the Loch Tay walk via Killing, The Queen Elizabeth Forests. Loch Ard, ALong with small walks round Loch Lomond. Also around Wallace's Monument ( Steep).Looking forward to alot more walks. Planning a new one this w/end
Attachments
P9190071.JPG
velvet-rose
Mountaineer

Re: Clyde Falls & New Lanark

Postby walk aboot » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:51 am

Great photo velvet-rose.

I am from that area originally so I have done this walk many times, and recommend it to others. You can see a pair of nesting peregrines there. You are best to visit in the evenings if you want to see other wildlife though, badgers and bats :D .
walk aboot

Munros:36   Corbetts:4
Donalds:1
Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:2   Islands:27

Falls of Bruar

Postby velvet-rose » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:12 pm

:D Thank you, will maybe plan an evening walk :D We went to "The Falls of Bruar" this weekend, great weather for the time of year beautiful walk, if anyone isnt good on steep walks suggest take the left path from the lower bridge, to the upper bridge, We walked all the way round, was most enjoyable. Dogs should be on leads as it is a very dangerous gorge, children watched carefully. some of the lower is fenced off, not so on the higher walk. Glad I took drinks being a hot day. I am disabled, just took my time and enjoyed it. Tho I do love walking I have to be choosy which walks I go on. I wish I had been younger some of the climbing would be awesome.
walk aboot wrote:Great photo velvet-rose.

I am from that area originally so I have done this walk many times, and recommend it to others. You can see a pair of nesting peregrines there. You are best to visit in the evenings if you want to see other wildlife though, badgers and bats :D .
velvet-rose
Mountaineer

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland