walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Fantastic Fersit 5 - Woodsy hits the Century!!

Fantastic Fersit 5 - Woodsy hits the Century!!

by dooterbang » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:01 pm

Route description: Stob Coire Easain and Stob a'Choire Mheadhoin

Munros included on this walk: Beinn na Lap, Chno Dearg, Stob a' Choire Mheadhoin, Stob Coire Easain, Stob Coire Sgriodain

Date walked: 26/03/2012

Time taken: 12.15 hours

Distance: 34.5 km

Ascent: 2954m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Fantastic Fersit 5 - Woodsy hits the Century!!

Postby monty » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:26 am

Great set of photos Paul. Fantastic weather and a big bag. Just doesn't get better than that. Awesome. Well done Woodsy reaching the ton in such a dramatic style :D
monty

Postby Mountainlove » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:46 am

Brilliant photos and it sounds like a great day out -even though pretty long :shock: But really good effort...and I agree with mrssanta...I would have camped somewhere at the end of the day :D :D
Mountainlove
Munro compleatist

Munros:88   Corbetts:54
Fionas:7   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:10

Postby malky_c » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:39 pm

Great photos and a helluva long day 8)

When I saw the title I expected an overnight trip, until I remembered your definition of wild camping from a few posts back :wink:

Enjoyed seeing the area around the south end of Loch Treig again :)
malky_c

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:80+37
Sub 2000:315   Hewitts:281
Wainwrights:140   Islands:39

Postby BoyVertiginous » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Bit of an epic, tired just reading about it. Some cracking images, especially those at sunset of breathtaking views.

Well done on Woodsy's ton.
BoyVertiginous
Wanderer

Munros:251   Corbetts:75
Fionas:26   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:49   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:62   Islands:18

Postby jimandandrea » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:45 pm

WHAT a day in every sense. Truly impressive and inspiring. :thumbup: :thumbup:
jimandandrea
Munro compleatist

Munros:264   Corbetts:6
Hewitts:97
Wainwrights:214   

Postby SusieThePensioner » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:40 pm

That was an amazing day's walk, I felt worn out reading about it but such an exciting area to be in. The nearest I've got to it is on the train last year going up to Fort William :lol:

Congratulations to Woodsy on the 100 :clap:

Paul, the views in your photos are spectacular, great to be able to see them :thumbup:
SusieThePensioner

Munros:6   Corbetts:3
Fionas:4   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:107
Wainwrights:156   

Postby yokehead » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:53 pm

One of the best, just stunning. :D 8) 8) Those near the end of the day photos are breathtaking. 8) What a day for it! Well done on this absolute epic, cheers!
yokehead

Munros:73   Corbetts:9
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:118
Wainwrights:23   

Postby SMRussell » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Wonderful stuff dooter :clap: You definitely got the weather for it (it's snowing outside my house as I type so we might be waiting a while for more of the same). I'm hoping to get some long (and probably punishing) hikes in this summer - this and some of your other walk reports will come in handy. Having gone Munro bagging 4 days in a row and still been able to walk afterwards recently I think it shouldn't be too bad :shock: 8)

Photos 6, 12, 16 and all the ones from Stob coire Sgriodain are braw! :D :thumbup:
SMRussell

Munros:184   Corbetts:20
Fionas:16   Donalds:34
Sub 2000:21   Hewitts:122
Wainwrights:103   Islands:11

Postby Johnny Corbett » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:25 pm

Great stuff again Dootsyboy and well done to Woodsyboy for the ton. I was up the two Stobs and Friday and was saying to Jimmy i was wondering why no-one ever did a circuit of the four and here's you went one better and did the five, superhuman stuff :D
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby dooterbang » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Johnny Corbett wrote: i was wondering why no-one ever did a circuit of the four and here's you went one better and did the five, superhuman stuff :D

Was thinking the same, its a fab route...views south end of Loch treig awesome. We (i) added the 5th to get Woodsy to 100.

SMRussell wrote: I'm hoping to get some long (and probably punishing) hikes in this summer - this and some of your other walk reports will come in handy. Having gone Munro bagging 4 days in a row and still been able to walk afterwards recently I think it shouldn't be too bad :shock: 8)

Photos 6, 12, 16 and all the ones from Stob coire Sgriodain are braw! :D :thumbup:
Your hill fitness will be top notch i think :) . Big walks are just superb - i look forward to your reports.
Oh is them numbers part of this weekends winning lotto...please tell me the other 3, but PM them :D

yokehead wrote:One of the best, just stunning. :D 8) 8) Those near the end of the day photos are breathtaking. 8) What a day for it! Well done on this absolute epic, cheers!
Thanks kind sir.

SusieThePensioner wrote:That was an amazing day's walk, I felt worn out reading about it but such an exciting area to be in. The nearest I've got to it is on the train last year going up to Fort William :lol:

Congratulations to Woodsy on the 100 :clap:

Paul, the views in your photos are spectacular, great to be able to see them :thumbup:
I bet it was a great train journey though. Thanks for kind comments.

jimandandrea wrote:WHAT a day in every sense. Truly impressive and inspiring. :thumbup: :thumbup:
I sense that new motorhome may be parking in Fersit soon 8)

BoyVertiginous wrote:Bit of an epic, tired just reading about it. Some cracking images, especially those at sunset of breathtaking views.

Well done on Woodsy's ton.
Cheers - it was tiring walking it :shock:

malky_c wrote:When I saw the title I expected an overnight trip, until I remembered your definition of wild camping from a few posts back :wink:
Yeah im defo hardcore :lol:

Mountainlove wrote:Brilliant photos and it sounds like a great day out -even though pretty long :shock: But really good effort...and I agree with mrssanta...I would have camped somewhere at the end of the day :D :D
Agree, camping at South loch treig would be fantastic...i had to get back to Glasgow though as was at comedy festival next day.

monty wrote:Great set of photos Paul. Fantastic weather and a big bag. Just doesn't get better than that. Awesome. Well done Woodsy reaching the ton in such a dramatic style :D
Im nearly up ther with you Mr Monty :D

BlackPanther wrote:What a day! Just a superb story :D
I have to do these Munros myself, haven't climbed anything in this area so far. Just... maybe not all in one day...
Looks like on inland hills, the high summits still hold some snow. We were in Assynt again on Saturday, no snow left whatsoever, weather was good enough to have a picnic on the summit of Cul Mor :lol: :lol:
The snow has returned!! Aye your very lucky being up in Assynt again.

kevsbald wrote:Superb, Paul. You seem to be reinvigorated - wonder what could be having that effect...... :D
Its my vegetarian diet Kev :lol:

Klaasloopt wrote:Do send one of these last pictures to the photo competition.
Will do :)

andrewdoggett wrote:Fabulous report of a big walk with some great photos to boot... Awesome!!

Me applaud... :clap: :clap:
Thanks Andrew...nothing compared to your remote camp though. A few of us will be doing the same route soon.

Sidewinder wrote:Fantastic report old boy! pictures look amazing, and it looked like you hit the jackpot with the weather, what an epic walk for for Stevie to get his 100th Munro! well done to him.:-)
I recall your 100th being rather epic to olderboy :D

pigeon wrote:Flippin' eck dooter,another monster effort,you struck gold with the weather,well done woodsy on the 100 as well :thumbup:
Thanks...the weather sure makes it all the more fun.
dooterbang
Munro compleatist

Munros:262   Corbetts:58
Fionas:18   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:10   Hewitts:18
Wainwrights:21   Islands:19

Postby nzt2011 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:02 pm

Some of the best pics I've seen on this site and well done on reaching 100...cracking walk and report!
nzt2011
Munro compleatist

Munros:137   Corbetts:7
Fionas:3   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:8   
Islands:8

Postby davetherave » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:56 pm

Well done indeed Dooterbang. Really big undertaking to complete in 1 days hike. :)

The weather was defo in your favour, and your pics are fab.

PS, Will you please get your Arran Corbetts TR up sometime soon please. We are hoping to get them done before summer. :D
Dave
davetherave

Munros:220   Corbetts:88
Fionas:26   Donalds:5

Postby tamw51 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:50 am

Stuff of epic proportions, and some cracking photo's sweeeeet!
tamw51
Rambler

Munros:155   Corbetts:7
Fionas:5   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:10   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:2   

Postby morag1 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:02 am

Incredible stuff :clap:

i like your photos, you should enter one in the photo comp
morag1

Postby gordon l » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:11 pm

classic epic day out, now saving up that route for a good weather window. well done lads!
gordon l
Hill Bagger

Munros:247   Corbetts:45
Fionas:13   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:19   

25 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland