walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

(April) Fools don't take An Stuc lightly!

(April) Fools don't take An Stuc lightly!

by jwramsay » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Route description: Meall Greigh, Meall Garbh and An Stùc

Munros included on this walk: An Stùc, Meall Garbh (Ben Lawers), Meall Greigh

Date walked: 01/04/2012

Time taken: 9 hours

Distance: 14 km

Ascent: 1230m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: (April) Fools don't take An Stuc lightly!

Postby csjoiner » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:01 pm

excellent report very inspiring so much so ive dusted the waterproofs. bergen etc off early in the morn thanks and definately golden plovers
csjoiner
Mountain Walker

Munros:17   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:1

Re: (April) Fools don't take An Stuc lightly!

Postby Runci21 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:43 pm

Did that route today, weather cleared up about 8am after last night thunder storm so I hit the trail at 8.30 I followed burn up to bottom of an stuc with not bad visibility of about 500 meters this changed when I was halfway up the ascent.
Visibility dropped to about 20 meters and wide and rain started and to top it off ruck sack cover would not stay on.
Eventually got to the top and was greeted by sideways rain and Gale force winds not good for a beginner, walk to an stuc was not too bad where I met a fellow walker doing route in other direction.
Scramble down that gully was out of my comfort zone in that weather, I did stop and go back up to check gps tracker.
After that thunder and lightning started so I upped my pace and finished off the other 2 munros.
6 1/2 hours only stopping to take pics of summits.
Runci21
Mountaineer

Munros:82   Corbetts:4
Donalds:7
Sub 2000:10   
Islands:6

7 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland