walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

White Coomb and Grey Mares Trail

White Coomb and Grey Mares Trail

Postby rdtoward21 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: White Coomb

Donalds included on this walk: Lochcraig Head , White Coomb

Date walked: 01/04/2012

Time taken: 4.15 hours

Distance: 12.7 km

Ascent: 821m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Set off on sunny, dry day for the greys mare trail in Dumfries. Started walking about 10.45am in the morning and followed a pre planned route obtained on this website using my GPS and OS MAap.

Excellent walk through some fine scenary, as I had set off early there where very few cars in the carpark and I hardly saw a soul all day apart from near the end of the route at the waterfall, whereby loads of people where coming up to have a look.

The route was easy to follow and well worn in places, although a bit boggy as described. Recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good days hill walking.
Attachments

WHITE COMB 1 APR 12.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

IMG_0166.JPG
White Coomb Summit
IMG_0165.JPG
Loch Skeen
IMG_0162.JPG
First view of White Coomb
IMG_0160.JPG
The Waterfall
IMG_0156.JPG
View half way up to waterfall
IMG_0153.JPG
The Start
rdtoward21
Mountaineer

Munros:24   Corbetts:7
Grahams:8   Donalds:23
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:15   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland