walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Challum

Ben Challum

by quoman » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Route description: Ben Challum, near Tyndrum

Munros included on this walk: Ben Challum

Date walked: 11/04/2012

Time taken: 6.54 hours

Distance: 12.54 km

Ascent: 912m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Ben Challum

Postby quoman » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Jockstar wrote:Thanks for a timely report as we are heading up Glen Lochay tomorow to do this one or Sgiath Chuil and Meal Glas. Looked like it was a fine day and some great pics. :D
Wondered about the wee stories you must have told to get Jim & Fiona back on the hills...'paved with gold' springs to mind :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well done anyway! :D

The story went like this Jockstar.
LISTEN YOU TWO WERE ARE OF ON WEDENDAY AND YOU TWO ARE GOING UP A F###ING HILL RIGHT :lol: :lol: :lol:

sneaksy wrote:I would just like to say thanks to quoman a.k.a willie and jim for having the patience going at my pace but hopefully thats the start of the hills again. Weather was fab until 1/4 of the way down but thanks gain boys :D

Well we are nurses after all :lol: :lol:
quoman
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:10
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:2   

Postby 2dalmatians » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:12 pm

Nice report Quoman. Going up this one at the weekend. Do you think it will be too steep for Zippy our Bassett hound?
2dalmatians
Mountaineer

Munros:38   Corbetts:3
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:7   

Postby rockhopper » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:44 pm

Good day for it and you do get some lovely views especially with the snow caps against brown heather. This was my 50th - brings back memories - cheers :D
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby dogplodder » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Well done to Fiona and Jim for getting out there again! :clap:

This is on my 'to do soon' list so I enjoyed reading about how you found it. Thanks. :D
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:26   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Postby Collaciotach » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:57 pm

You got a grand day a bhalaich :D good pics, not been on this Challum yet ..soon :)
Collaciotach
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:219
Fionas:47   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:27   
Islands:30

Postby Johnny Corbett » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:56 pm

Great day for it, it's a good walk this one. Ben More and Stob Binnien were looking good :D
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby Jock McJock » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:55 am

Couldn't agree more with you about just getting out on the hills, that's what it's all about. Done this one a couple of months ago in similar conditions and it was a good day out. Some nice pics there too :D
Jock McJock
Mountain Walker

Munros:173   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:1   

Postby quoman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:20 am

2dalmatians wrote:Nice report Quoman. Going up this one at the weekend. Do you think it will be too steep for Zippy our Bassett hound?

Cheers 2dalmatians...hope you get a good day for it about zippy it dependes if there's more snow....ave got wee legs and made it :lol:

rockhopper wrote:Good day for it and you do get some lovely views especially with the snow caps against brown heather. This was my 50th - brings back memories - cheers :D

Thanks rockhopper... the veiws were superb my last 6or 8 hills have been in the clag so it was good to get a nice day for a change.

dogplodder wrote:Well done to Fiona and Jim for getting out there again! :clap:

This is on my 'to do soon' list so I enjoyed reading about how you found it. Thanks. :D

Thanks dogplodder..I am glad i got them out the two of them are looking forward to our next time.

Collaciotach wrote:You got a grand day a bhalaich :D good pics, not been on this Challum yet ..soon

:)

Cheers Collaciotach..You will enjoy it if youget the weather.

Johnny Corbett wrote:Great day for it, it's a good walk this one. Ben More and Stob Binnien were looking good :D

Cheers Johnny...my camera doesn't do it justice Ben Lui was braw to.

Jock McJock wrote:Couldn't agree more with you about just getting out on the hills, that's what it's all about. Done this one a couple of months ago in similar conditions and it was a good day out. Some nice pics there too :D

Thank's again Jock McJock
quoman
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:10
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:2   

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland