walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Scar Hill north of Presendye

Scar Hill north of Presendye

Postby Lastofthesummerwine » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:39 pm

Date walked: 13/04/2012

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I had looked at Scar Hill from all angles and it seemed like a bit of a fortress, surrounded mostly by trees. I did find a route up but it was a bit uninspiring and was told there was a better one. So, Hamish and I went in search of it today and Yes! success at last. A good path through interesting woodland with nice views all the way to the top. So, if you desire a shortish walk with around 225 meters of ascent a few miles from Alford then this is for you. Hopefully the photos and the map will tell the story. Follow the track which becomes a footpath until it starts to dip down towards Cushnie. Look out for a footpath on the right a hundred meters after a "Tilhill Forestry Sign". Take this and you'll soon be there. Horses use this route so its fairly easy to follow. Good luck!
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Lastofthesummerwine
Mountain Walker

Re: Scar Hill north of Presendye

Postby Lastofthesummerwine » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Sorry but I forgot to put up the photos, here they are!
Lastofthesummerwine
Mountain Walker

Postby ChrisW » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:54 pm

Lastofthesummerwine wrote:Sorry but I forgot to put up the photos, here they are!

Oh no they're not :lol:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby Lastofthesummerwine » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Well I gave up on the photos, this site is a little tricky to use sometimes, that's my excuse anyway!
Lastofthesummerwine
Mountain Walker

Postby ChrisW » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Lastofthesummerwine wrote:Well I gave up on the photos, this site is a little tricky to use sometimes, that's my excuse anyway!

Damn, having done Pressendye myself I was looking forward to the views from another perspective :D
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby Lastofthesummerwine » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:06 pm

:( :( :( One more shottie at getting a photo on, here goes, :? :?
Lastofthesummerwine
Mountain Walker

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland