walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Bhuidhe

Beinn Bhuidhe

Postby Liebestoter » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:22 pm

Route description: Beinn Bhuidhe, via Glen Fyne

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Bhuidhe

Date walked: 24/09/2009

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 21 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Day 6 and the last of my trip, I parked in the car park at the end of Loch Fyne and as all week it was straight on with the waterproofs, took the road past the brewery up the glen. With the clouds already down over the hill tops I found this part of the walk tedious with not much to see.

Once of the road and on the path up the gorge things got more interesting on a narrow soggy path, hands were needed in a few places to pass a few little rocky patches. weather was terrible again and only managed one picture today.
Waterfall on way to Beinn Bhuidhe.JPG

After passing the waterfall the ground was incredibly saturated and it felt like I was going to lose my boots in some really boggy areas. After a bit of a steep climb through a gully the path was alot easier under foot for the rest of the walk to the summit. Nothing to see but clouds again so I didn't hang about.

slipping and sliding, only my poles kept me off my backside, I made my way back down to the waterfall for a spot of lunch and then back down the path which is a lot more tricky going down, I had visions of ending up in the river below a few times but it does add a bit of excitment to the day.

Back on to the road and with a 6km walk back to the car I really wish I had a bike. I decided not to cross the river and followed the road down through the quarry back to the car.

So in 6 days I did 6 Munros and 2 Corbetts and didn't get to see the top of one hill from the top of another, all I got was clouds :( now there is a good excuse to come and do them all again sometime :lol:
Liebestoter
Mountain Walker

Munros:234   Corbetts:20
Fionas:11   Donalds:1
Hewitts:157
Wainwrights:165   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland