walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Vorlich (Loch Lomond

Ben Vorlich (Loch Lomond

Postby munro62 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Date walked: 24/04/2012

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 13 km

Ascent: 943m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

My friend and I decided to tackle Ben Vorlich. We set off around 8 40am and the weather was looking ok dry at least with fairly high cloud, I had previously climbed Ben vane some years ago so new the way. Also took some note from a walk highland walker about the cairn that identified the start of the climb. The path was fairly faint in the early part however we did pick it up but what a start very unforgiving as my calfs were screaming early on. The path was fairly obvious further up and we managed the top around 11am. Plenty of snow on the top for time of year but weather was fine, suprisingly mild. A great day out got back to Inveruglas around 2pm. Couldn't believe the weather in Glasgow torrential rain we did'nt get a drop of rain all day now that does'nt happen everyday.
Attachments
GEDC0188.JPG
Some of the white stuff
GEDC0178.JPG
Looking down to Loch Sloy
GEDC0176.JPG
Looking back toward Loch Lomond
munro62
Mountain Walker

Munros:24   Corbetts:3
Fionas:3   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:1

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland