walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Bhuide in odd weather

Beinn Bhuide in odd weather

Postby JimCampbell » Sun May 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Route description: Beinn Bhuidhe, via Glen Fyne

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Bhuidhe

Date walked: 06/05/2012

Time taken: 4 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

No BigDrC as she was working so decided to try and do a quick hit on this munro. It has a long way in so thought I would try running as much as I could. The way in was pleasant in the sunshine with even some highland cattle watching me from the trees! The way up the side of the gorge was quite well defined though a couple of bits of slight scrambling. The weather then turned a bit weird with hailstones falling like snow and the clouds not moving very much at all. Made it up to the top in shorts and didn't feel too cold. The view was a bit variable at times but well worth the climb. The way down was full of hailstones for the first half though they were never really a problem apart from making the ground a bit slippy in places. Tired by the time I finished though and not surprisingly my muscles were twitching for a while.
JimCampbell
Munro compleatist

Munros:85   Corbetts:6
Donalds:2
Hewitts:6
Wainwrights:3   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland