walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A nice wander up at Glen Etive.

A nice wander up at Glen Etive.

Postby Shads » Mon May 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Route description: Stob Coir'an Albannaich and Meall nan Eun

Munros included on this walk: Meall nan Eun, Stob Coir an Albannaich

Date walked: 05/05/2012

Time taken: 9 hours

Distance: 18 km

Ascent: 1311m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

1367.JPG
This lovely glen is the final descent back to the car, we all walked at our own pace, in our own wee worlds, relishing every moment and thinking about new adventures to come.
1366.JPG
This is the summit of Meall nan Eun and a photo of one of my new adventure seeking friends.
1336.JPG
Following closely behind my walk leader John as we head onwards to the next munro Meall nan Eun.
1330.JPG
This is the view from summit, by this point I felt so priviledged to have as beautiful a place to live as Scotland!
1323.JPG
My new friends and I finaly reach the summit of Stob Coire Albannaich, I have a wee think to myself as I relish in the glory of bagging another munro and I smile knowing I have so many other adventures ahead of me in the hills!
1321.JPG
The highest point behind me is the summit, upwards and onwards!
1309.JPG
I just couldny miss the opportunity for a wee photo next to something so spectacular!
1252.JPG
After crossing the bridge at the river Etive with its deep holes for swimming and rocky wild looking character we followed the track for a short distance.
This is my 1st walk report and my 1st munro walk with the Livingston Ramblers. The 4 of us left Livingston at 7.00am and the drive to Glen Etive was quite pleasant, the temperature outside the car was 3 degrees with snow showers on and off. By the time we reached Glen Etive the sun was shining and the weather was hot! We couldny believe how warm it had turned, Bring on the hills!!!!!!
Attachments
1263.JPG
The ascent was a bit of a knee cruncher but the views down Glen Etive were awsome.
Shads
Hill Bagger

Munros:47   Corbetts:6
Donalds:6
Sub 2000:5   

Re: A nice wander up at Glen Etive.

Postby monarchming » Tue May 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Hey Shads! Glad to see you're still marching! Good pics and report,well done! :thumbup:
monarchming
Munro compleatist

Munros:162   

Re: A nice wander up at Glen Etive.

Postby monarchming » Tue May 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Hey Shads! Glad to see you're still marching! Good pics and report,well done! :thumbup:
monarchming
Munro compleatist

Munros:162   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland