walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ladhar Bheinn and Friends on a stunning Spring day

Ladhar Bheinn and Friends on a stunning Spring day

by Ranger » Tue May 08, 2012 11:58 pm

Route description: Ladhar Bheinn from Inverie, Knoydart

Munros included on this walk: Ladhar Bheinn, Luinne Bheinn, Meall Buidhe (Knoydart)

Date walked: 28/04/2012

Time taken: 14.5 hours

Distance: 33 km

Ascent: 2750m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Ladhar Bheinn and Friends on a stunning Spring day

Postby Alan S » Thu May 10, 2012 10:50 pm

Excellent report and stunning pics 8) Certainly a report for mr webtogs to consider at the end of the month :D
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Postby Lenore » Sun May 13, 2012 9:17 pm

Ranger wrote:Wow - some place for your first ever hike! My first 'hike' was along 5 miles of canal tow path on the Kennett and Avon when I was 7 or 8 years old. Think it was the longest walk I managed until I did my first Munro (stob coire odhair) at 13! :lol:

Well at least you did your first Munro at 13! I'm now planning on doing my first one this summer - at 31 :lol:
Lenore
Mountaineer

Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:1   

Postby Ranger » Mon May 14, 2012 9:44 am

Lenore wrote:
Ranger wrote:Wow - some place for your first ever hike! My first 'hike' was along 5 miles of canal tow path on the Kennett and Avon when I was 7 or 8 years old. Think it was the longest walk I managed until I did my first Munro (stob coire odhair) at 13! :lol:

Well at least you did your first Munro at 13! I'm now planning on doing my first one this summer - at 31 :lol:

Better late than never! :D

They might not have the height, but for variety of scenery, weather, underfoot conditions, and the history of the place - the Highlands is the best! (IMHO) 8)
Ranger

Munros:282   Corbetts:74
Fionas:13   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:15   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:2   

Postby soapy27 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Amazing report !! totally stunning pictures :clap:
soapy27
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:175
Fionas:23   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:54   
Islands:23

21 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland