walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Lui Rosie the dugs first munro

Ben Lui Rosie the dugs first munro

Postby peter@caltonathletic » Sun May 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lui

Date walked: 12/05/2012

Time taken: 6 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

]As the heading says this was an assault on Ben Lui.I've not posted my last couple of walks due to them being quite straight forward and uneventful.Saturday morning myself and Donny and his wee dog Rosie went to Ben Lui and it was a cracking clear day for a walk.

We started out at 8.20 and had a wee wet crossing right at the start.When we got on to the path next to the forrest the gps was telling us to cut threw the forest but Donny had done this a couple of times previously and said we should opt for following the track threw across the bridge cutting out the boggy marsh, we would find out how boggy on the way back.
Photo0007[1].jpg

As we got by the gate we decided to go straight up instead of going via the beilach.Half way up I was starting to feel it.I've been training for the Edinburgh marathon and been putting a lot of work on the road and in the gym so I was starting to feel it on the calfs we stopped a couple of times on the way up and just took in the scenery
Photo0008[1].jpg

Photo0009[1].jpg

As we started to hit the snow wee Rosie did not like the thought of her first munro way cold feet so Donny and myself took turns in carrying her the last bit of the way.We got to the top at 11.20 and I was cream crakered

Photo0010[1].jpg

We started back down and took a rest at the beilach for about an hour I realised I'd done too much training during the week and it was starting to take it's toll Donny say's to me it was only about 20mins to next top at Ben Cleb but did'nt want to take the chance of injury

As we headed back we bumped into a guy Tim from Lothian young walkers who told us the way he came up through the forest and we decided to go back that way talk about boggy,we also cut back accross the river that way which was a bit hazardous but made it safe back to the car at 2.20 good day just a bit tired learn not to train to hard when there's a walk the next day.
peter@caltonathletic
Mountain Walker

Munros:153   Corbetts:1

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland