walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

from newtonmore station

from newtonmore station

Postby dunrig » Thu May 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Munros included on this walk: A' Chailleach (Monadhliath), Càrn Dearg (Monadhliath), Càrn Sgulain

Date walked: 16/05/2012

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

forgot my camera so no photos but am posting all/only the hills done using public transport here is short report.
Caught the early train from glasgow to newtonmore then plodded up a'chailleach over to carn sgulain along fence to carn ban, down off carn dearg into gleann ballach along very wet glen banchor back to newtonmore coffee, cake, train home. Apart from brief glimpse sun in morning had hail higher up, rain in glen. Am trying to get fitter for some longer trips in june so took full pack & wore my trainers- feet freezing in wet snow had to put on extra pair woolly socks, knees felt strain of heavier pack. I am over 50 and find I feel the cold more as get older, still have the stamina but muscles & joints ache more - suppose thats just the way it is....
in luie of new photos 2 old ones
P1010089.JPG
cold feet...
P1000932.JPG
morning view from tent
dunrig

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland