walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Sun snow ridges and rain

Sun snow ridges and rain

Postby gedme » Wed May 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Munros included on this walk: Stob Dubh (Buachaille Etive Beag)

Date walked: 07/05/2012

Time taken: 7 hours

Ascent: 956m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Well what a great day we had here in Glencoe and climb up to Stob Dubh (Buachaille Etive Beag) we parked up from the cairn and started our day there were four of us myself my mate Jim and his kids nicknames will be used on here :D Bungle :D who always amazes me and the goat :D who seems to have the mountains in his blood. I see on here that there are lots of reports so not to bore you i will just post some photos of what was a great day. We had sun then snow then rain and it never dampened our spirits one bit. The ridge looked fantastic and the two young ones took it in there stride :lol:. As you know if you have read my Blog or whatever you call it i am not the best at this but i hope you enjoy the photos.
DSC00016.JPG

DSC00020.JPG

DSC00031.JPG

DSC00032.JPG

DSC00034.JPG

It really was a day of sun snow and ridges the young guys thought it looked awesome as young bungle said...

DSC00045.JPG

DSC00049.JPG
Bungle

DSC00040.JPG

DSC00055.JPG

DSC00070.JPG
The goat

DSC00076.JPG
Myself Jim Bungle and the Goat

DSC00066.JPG
Snow closing in

Snow came across quickly so we made a go of it was well worth it.
DSC00080.JPG
Ridge

DSC00056.JPG

DSC00088.JPG

DSC00090.JPG
Low cloud base

DSC00057.JPG

Perfect day in the hills and cant wait until next week when back there to do Etive Mor thanks for looking.
gedme
Munro compleatist

Munros:32   Corbetts:3

Re: Sun snow ridges and rain

Postby morag1 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:59 pm

Great report Gedme, something really special about Buchaille Etive Mor :D
morag1

Re: Sun snow ridges and rain

Postby gedme » Thu May 24, 2012 4:17 pm

morag1 wrote:Great report Gedme, something really special about Buchaille Etive Mor :D

Hi Morag thanks for looking not great at wrighting reports so was short and sweet. Yeah there is something special about Etive Mor love it there. We are back there next week on camping trip to do Mor must say cant wait. Thanks again Morag... 8)
gedme
Munro compleatist

Munros:32   Corbetts:3

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland