walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

First post surgery walk - Ben Venue

First post surgery walk - Ben Venue

Postby webbie88 » Sat May 26, 2012 11:49 am

Route description: Ben Venue from Ledard Farm

Grahams included on this walk: Ben Venue

Date walked: 23/05/2012

Time taken: 5.5 hours

Distance: 11.7 km

Ascent: 883m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

So now with me now beginning my recover from having my shoulder re-stabilised and looking looking less like this

I felt it was time to start getting back out to do some walking. Luckily enough a nice friend of mine agreed to carry some of my gear for me and I would use a vango bum bag to carry my water and jacket :D

I had a wee look around on the site and deiced that Ben A'an would be a decent hill to start on and since neither of us had completed it before would be a good challenge! so off we went up to aberfoyle where we stopped for provisions and map from the tourist centre, where we found a copy of the Harveys guide book to the area, a quick flick through the book and our minds where changed and we went for Ben Venue.

So off we went from the car park

very soon we seen this lovely hill infront of us, I will be honest as soon as i seen this i was a but doubtful about making the top, I havent been out as much since surgery and with the blistering heat i wasnt confident atoll

All was going well, a nice breeze and shade coming up through the trees to where the footpath branches off up the nice well worn path.. or so we thought. We where met by this

The diversion takes you up along the forest track untill the trees end and from there on in your up over moorland till you can refind the path, there are some nice blue markers to guide you the way but some are missing whats a bit iffy

once back on the path the rest of the hill was good fun for me as it wasnt to strenuous and a good way to start building myself up even though it was blisteringly warm but the views more than paid off for it.

So il leave you with some of the pictures I took from the way up and down

Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

webbie88
Mountaineer

Munros:81   Corbetts:10
Grahams:9   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:2   

Re: First post surgery walk - Ben Venue

Postby 2dalmatians » Sun May 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Well done for getting back into it. A great little hill to start you off too! Well done to your mate for accruing some of the load too! nae chance it would have been me!!:lol:
2dalmatians
Mountaineer

Munros:38   Corbetts:3
Grahams:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:7   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland