walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben More Argyll

Ben More Argyll

Postby robik » Wed May 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Route description: Beinn Mhor, via Glen Massan

Fionas included on this walk: Beinn Mhór (Cowal)

Date walked: 29/05/2012

Time taken: 4.3 hours

Distance: 13 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Disappointing on the whole. It is around forty five minutes of horizontal walking to begin, which is not much fun on the way back when the midges are starting to bite.

Little to see apart from trees most of the way up. The view from the peak is wide ranging but nothing special, I was disappointed not to see Loch Eck from the summit. The path back into the trees is very hard to find. Be careful as it is easy to become disorientated above the trees as to where you emerged from.
robik

Re: Ben More Argyll

Postby soulminer » Thu May 31, 2012 4:30 pm

Have looked at this one for a walk with my dogs when we are staying in Cowal for our hols. The views are meant to be pretty good, will still head up there any way :)
soulminer

Postby smiffysmc » Thu May 31, 2012 10:57 pm

I walked this hill back in October , it was my first walk from WH site. It's local to me,so a 10 minute drive had me at the start of walk. I really enjoyed it. The walk in through the estate, the track on the hill through the woods and the open hill to the summit. I'm sure there's an option to loop round the top of the hill heading down a quad track back onto ascent track. You'll see the quad track on right hand side on ascent, it heads down to the river.
I'm also looking to try and connect the three Graham's in the area together. I've done two but want to get the 3rd, on it's own or in this circuit.
I never done a walk report for Ben More as I can't find my pics. But may be going up after work one night for a wee wander.

Cheers.

Soulminer, I just started reading other reports on these hills. See your heading to Kames :) I've done a few hills in the area if you check my blog thingy. Any info I can help you with send me a message.

Cheers.
smiffysmc
Hill Bagger

Munros:25   Corbetts:8
Fionas:6   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby soulminer » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Cheers, will do :)
soulminer

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland