walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A walk of very varied difficulty!

A walk of very varied difficulty!

Postby Ian_Chapman » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:04 pm

Route description: Balloch to Helensburgh , Three Lochs Way

Date walked: 03/06/2012

Distance: 11.75 km

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Wow! Quite a change of 'Grade' on this one. After an easy ascent along lanes and wide forest tracks, the destination, Helensburgh, appears. But instead of an equally easy descent you suddenly find yourself climbing vertically through near impenetrable forest before being disgorged on to uncharted moorland.

I know, I know, I exaggerate, and if I'd bothered to read the route description beforehand it wouldn't have come as a surprise. But a super walk anyway, and good route description from Walkhighland.
Ian_Chapman
Mountaineer

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland