walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Out for an evening meal on Lendrick Hill

Out for an evening meal on Lendrick Hill


Postby Johnny Corbett » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:59 am

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Lendrick Hill

Date walked: 04/06/2012

Time taken: 2 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Kim and i hadn't been out for an evening meal for a while now so i thought i'd better do something about that. The solution? Take her up Lendrick Hill after her work where she could relax on the hillside and let me cook her dinner :D We set off up the forestry track where we came to a small cairn, here we left the track to head through a break in the forest. The path led through the forest to the summit. After reaching the summit we returned the same way, stopping off for dinner enroute. A wee tip guys, forget about fancy restaurants, take your other half up a hill for dinner and you'll get more brownie points :lol:

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts


P1030178.JPG
Steeles Knowe

P1030179.JPG
The Ochils

P1030180.JPG
The small cairn

P1030181.JPG
On way up

P1030183.JPG
Trig point

P1030184.JPG
Stuc a' Chroin & Ben Vorlich i think

P1030185.JPG
Lomond Hills

P1030186.JPG
At the summit

P1030187.JPG
Innerdouny behind the hump

P1030188.JPG
The chef at work

P1030189.JPG
Dinner is served
Last edited by Johnny Corbett on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 2968
Munros:25   Corbetts:210
Grahams:166   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:293   Hewitts:1
Islands:14
Joined: May 14, 2010
Location: Livingston

Re: Out for an evening meal on Lendrick Hill

Postby Avocetboy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:05 am

Chicken with pasta in a tomato sauce? I hope the tomato sauce was homemade and not out of a jar? :wink:
Avocetboy
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 367
Munros:56   Corbetts:21
Grahams:7   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:18
Wainwrights:21   Islands:7
Joined: Feb 6, 2011
Location: Boston, Lincolnshire

Re: Out for an evening meal on Lendrick Hill

Postby meganjarrett » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:50 am

Awesome, cool ,good work!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :wink: :wink: :D :D :) :o :o 8) 8) :lol: :lol:
how many people went?:);0;)
meganjarrett
Rock-climber
 
Posts: 6
Munros:13   Corbetts:2
Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:1   
Joined: Jun 5, 2012

Re: Out for an evening meal on Lendrick Hill

Postby meganjarrett » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:51 am

Awesome, cool ,good work!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :wink: :wink: :D :D :) :o :o 8) 8) :lol: :lol:
how many people went?:);0;) :clap: :clap: :wink: :wink: :D :D :) :) :o :o 8) 8) :lol: :lol:
meganjarrett
Rock-climber
 
Posts: 6
Munros:13   Corbetts:2
Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:1   
Joined: Jun 5, 2012

Re: Out for an evening meal on Lendrick Hill

Postby Graeme D » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:12 pm

Last of the big spenders eh JC!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just trying to figure out what way you went up - not the same way as I wheeched up this one! :?
User avatar
Graeme D
 
Posts: 3704
Munros:230   Corbetts:114
Grahams:67   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:57   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:27   Islands:6
Joined: Oct 17, 2008
Location: Perth

Re: Out for an evening meal on Lendrick Hill

Postby Johnny Corbett » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Avocetboy wrote:Chicken with pasta in a tomato sauce? I hope the tomato sauce was homemade and not out of a jar? :wink:

No jars for me, they're too heavy :wink:
meganjarrett wrote:Awesome, cool ,good work!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :wink: :wink: :D :D :) :o :o 8) 8) :lol: :lol:
how many people went?:);0;) :clap: :clap: :wink: :wink: :D :D :) :) :o :o 8) 8) :lol: :lol:


Thankyou it was just myself and Kim that went. You'll have to get your mum and dad to cook you a meal on a hill one day :wink:
Graeme D wrote:Last of the big spenders eh JC!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just trying to figure out what way you went up - not the same way as I wheeched up this one! :?

Added route Graeme. We tried to go up Innerdouny last nite again for dinner as Kim enjoyed it so much but couldn't find a way through the forest from the track. I read your report and noticed you had difficulty as well. We were at the bottom car park
User avatar
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 2968
Munros:25   Corbetts:210
Grahams:166   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:293   Hewitts:1
Islands:14
Joined: May 14, 2010
Location: Livingston

Re: Out for an evening meal on Lendrick Hill

Postby Graeme D » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:33 pm

Johnny Corbett wrote:
Avocetboy wrote:Chicken with pasta in a tomato sauce? I hope the tomato sauce was homemade and not out of a jar? :wink:

No jars for me, they're too heavy :wink:
meganjarrett wrote:Awesome, cool ,good work!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :wink: :wink: :D :D :) :o :o 8) 8) :lol: :lol:
how many people went?:);0;) :clap: :clap: :wink: :wink: :D :D :) :) :o :o 8) 8) :lol: :lol:


Thankyou it was just myself and Kim that went. You'll have to get your mum and dad to cook you a meal on a hill one day :wink:
Graeme D wrote:Last of the big spenders eh JC!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just trying to figure out what way you went up - not the same way as I wheeched up this one! :?

Added route Graeme. We tried to go up Innerdouny last nite again for dinner as Kim enjoyed it so much but couldn't find a way through the forest from the track. I read your report and noticed you had difficulty as well. We were at the bottom car park


Aye, Innerdouny Hill is a bit of an ordeal, even for a dinner date!
User avatar
Graeme D
 
Posts: 3704
Munros:230   Corbetts:114
Grahams:67   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:57   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:27   Islands:6
Joined: Oct 17, 2008
Location: Perth

Re: Out for an evening meal on Lendrick Hill

Postby ChrisW » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Well you old romantic JC :lol: I love it, what a good idea and so much more intimate than a restaurant full of people :clap: I'll be nicking this idea I think :wink:
User avatar
ChrisW
Rambler
 
Posts: 4940
Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Grahams:3   
Sub 2000:6   
Joined: Jan 25, 2011
Location: Cochrane- Alberta - Canada

Re: Out for an evening meal on Lendrick Hill

Postby rockhopper » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:11 pm

Johnny Corbett wrote: A wee tip guys, forget about fancy restaurants, take your other half up a hill for dinner and you'll get more brownie points :lol:
:lol: :lol: well done Johnny but there's no way I'd get away with this one (not with my cooking anyway) ! maybe next time you could carry up a table and chairs :wink: - cheers :D
User avatar
rockhopper
 
Posts: 6814
Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Grahams:72   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:19
Joined: Jun 1, 2009
Location: Glasgow

Re: Out for an evening meal on Lendrick Hill

Postby mountain thyme » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Brownie points my bahookey.... it was so you didnt need to tip the waitress....as i know you east coasters are tight :wink:
User avatar
mountain thyme
Walker
 
Posts: 984
Munros:40   Corbetts:222
Grahams:12   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17
Joined: Jul 22, 2010
Location: Glasgow

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).




Walkhighlands community forum is advert free


Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?



Return to Walk reports - Scotland

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: maciek1979 and 19 guests