walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Donich

Ben Donich

Postby bran5358 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Ben Donich

Date walked: 17/06/2012

Time taken: 3.25 hours

Distance: 7.5 km

Ascent: 575m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

last thursday had an accident at work, fell off a roof. Fortunatley i was not seriously hurt, only cuts and bruises and a sore ankle. by this morning i was feeling a lot better, ankle felt ok. so i decided to try something not to hard or long. Set off for Ben Donich in Arrochar, forcast said mist would clear by mid morning. arrived at forestry car park, only car here, got booted up + gaitors and set off.pleasant walk up to the gate. Good views of the rest and Glean Mor.have now entered the mist and can' see more than 100ft. mist is swirling in the cold wind.nothing else but to carry on to the trig point. reached summit plateau and decided to be safe and took a bearing to make sure i could get back off the plateau and find the path down. the mist was so thick i nearly walked into the trig. no point on hanging about could'nt see anything, started to descend. after the we rock scramble the mist was starting to lift. met a few people heading up, they were going to get the views i missed. arrived back at the car at 12.20.
as always enjoyed getting on the hill, my foot held up better than i expected. looking forward to my next visit on a clear day and will be able to get the pictures, of what i am lead to believe are some lovley views.
bran5358
Mountaineer

Munros:21   Corbetts:3

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland