walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Meall a Bhuiridh and Creise

Meall a Bhuiridh and Creise

Postby dogjake » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Route description: Creise and Meall a'Bhùiridh from the Ski centre

Munros included on this walk: Creise, Meall a' Bhùiridh

Date walked: 17/06/2012

Time taken: 5.5 hours

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Meall a Bhuiridh.jpg
Stumbling Down Meall a Bhuiridh
My mates Jenny, Dave and yours truly set off from the White Corries car park at 8.45am on a cloudy but dry Sunday Morning the forecast was for clear tops around noon then showers coming in. We decided to follow the straight forward and well documented route straight up following the ski lift. A wee bit of a slog but nothing too difficult, before long we reached the summit of Meall a Bhuiridh and from there carried on towards our second target Creise this was also a straight forward route down and accross the ridge a wee scramble up and we were on the ridge and heading towards the summit. The clouds were rolling in and we just made it for a couple of photos before it was covered in clag. We met a couple of fine walk highlands members in the shape of Gammy Leg Walker and Jockstar, nice meeting you guys I hope Dave didn't hold you up, he does like a wee blether. After a quick snack we headed down and stopped at the chair lift for another snack Dave also likes a wee snack. Back to the car about 3.30pm and headed home, it goes without saying we had to stop at the Green Welly for a coffee.
Another great day on the hills with my mates, good company and great banter what a way to spend fathers day.
Attachments
Creise.jpg
The three amigos on Creise summit.
Last edited by dogjake on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dogjake
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:10
Fionas:4   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:11
Wainwrights:12   

Re: Meall a Bhuiridh and Creise

Postby Jockstar » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:26 pm

Hi guys, good to meet up with you and share the information on the walk. Sorry that you didn't get a clear picture of the Big Bookie but thats the way it goes sometime :( . I hope you also said hello to another friend of ours( pat) who is known as Morecombe Monkey on the WH Site. See you out there...BTW hope you didn't succumb to the chairlift back done to the carpark!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jockstar
Munro compleatist

Munros:53   Corbetts:6
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

Postby dogjake » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi Jockstar, yes we did speak briefly to another guy with a beard as we were coming off Criese didn't know he was another member of WH seems like we are taking over. As for the chair lift nope we hoofed it all the way down, they probably wanted money for it and I would rather walk than pay. No more hills for me for about 3 weeks as we are off on holiday this coming weekend. BTW did you see the Ptarmigan with the five tiny chicks they crossed our path as we were re ascending Meall a Bhuiridh?
Cheers see you on the hills.
dogjake
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:10
Fionas:4   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:11
Wainwrights:12   

Postby gammy leg walker » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:09 pm

[quote="dogjake"] BTW did you see the Ptarmigan with the five tiny chicks they crossed our path as we were re ascending Meall a Bhuiridh?

Nice meeting you dogjake & your companions,as for the ptarmigan chicks,seen the mother & heard the chicks but never seen them
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland