walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

The Big Shepherd

The Big Shepherd

Postby archierob » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:10 pm

Route description: Buachaille Etive Mòr

Munros included on this walk: Stob Dearg (Buachaille Etive Mòr)

Date walked: 11/04/2009

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

With colleagues from HMC. Led by Gary Bubb(in the pictures. A fine scramble on an unpromising day weather-wise, ascending (roped) Curved Ridge to Stob Dearg. We then descended the SW ridge to the top of Coire na Tuilach and descended firm snow with ice axes for brakes. Plenty of others around.
Photo-0018.jpg
Gary Bubbon Stob Dearg waiting for his Mars Bar to kick in
Photo-0019.jpg
Looking down from Stob Dearg in slight snowfall across a hazy Rannoch Moor
Attachments
Photo-0044.jpg
Buachaille Etive Mor in my living room at home
archierob
Rambler

Re: The Big Shepherd

Postby ken reid » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:51 pm

good efort I'm just about to post my walk report for the buachaille but I had beter weather. 8)
ken reid
Mountain Walker

Munros:246   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland