walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

In Sutherland working, so had to sneak in two more!

In Sutherland working, so had to sneak in two more!

Postby davedanson28 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:48 pm

Munros included on this walk: Ben Hope, Ben Klibreck

Date walked: 22/06/2012

Time taken: 8 hours

Distance: 21.5 km

Ascent: 1696m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I was in Scourie for a meeting, managed to take a day off and bag these two northern summits. Ben Hope was special as it is the furthest north of the mighty hills. Had a brilliant climb, went scrambling to the summit via the cliffs, magic. Then camped at the start of the Klibreck trial, set off early due to the deteriorating forecast, good call, I had a clear summit, winds where very strong and strengthening all the time. Met a guy on the way down who was going to have a white out of a day. Pleased to get these two in the bag, well chuffed. Then the long, long no very long journey home!
davedanson28
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:5
Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:4   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland