walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Tapz On!! Boots Aff!!

Tapz On!! Boots Aff!!

by pollyh33 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:32 am

Route description: White Mounth Munros, Glen Muick

Munros included on this walk: Broad Cairn, Cairn Bannoch, Càrn a' Choire Bhòidheach, Càrn an t-Sagairt Mòr, Lochnagar

Date walked: 23/06/2012

Time taken: 9.5 hours

Distance: 29 km

Ascent: 1228m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Tapz On!! Boots Aff!!

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:16 pm

andy millar1 wrote:Cracking report Pollypops!! Sorry again for not adding to the fotaes but will add them in later,great day again and great company!! :clap: :clap: :roll: (next time a change of clothes!!!)

Cheers Andy, that would be smashing if you could add in more photos because mine are rubbish!!! Can't believe RR hasn't been moaning about me chopping him out of the first one :crazy: Thanks for the loan of the Haglofs top but not the Haglofs bottom :lol:

ChrisW wrote: Anyway, good to see a post fom you it seems to have been a while :D

Hello Canadian Chris!!!
I must confess to being lazy and let others do the reports- shame on me!! :oops:
rocket-ron wrote:. Weather was bad but the constant chat and laughs make up for the bad weather

Thanks RR, I'm glad you didn't bother with your precious tops, we need you and Charlie there to make sure we get round safely. Apologies for cutting you out of the first pic- my photography skills are nearly as good as my culinary skills- which is why you're doing all the cooking on Skye- I'll pour the drinks!!! :lol:

laconic surf wrote:Think I may build a wee raft for that river crossing :lol:
Hope to read another report of yours before your sabbatical from hill walking. Great effort in dreich conditions :thumbup:

Cheers LS, hope this report helped. You will really enjoy this walk, no big slog and once the boulders are dealt with you can really enjoy the views or even better, the company :clap:
Mountainlove wrote:Brilliant report Polly, had me smiling :D Food orgy up the hills...that selection sounded delicious- yummy!! :D
Good effort to walk in the rain...but where is summer gone too?? :(

Howdy Doody ML! Yes you can't beat the lovely Scottish summer weather- you never know what you're going to get next!!! A bit like our food frenzy!!! The food choices are now getting increasingly competitive. Before we used to eye up new bits of kit, now its checking to see if the nuts are organic and from Waitrose and not run of the mill M&S ones!!! :lol:

lomondwalkers wrote:Looks like another cracking day out for the MWSPC despite the crappy weather 8) Not so sure about the dodgy song choices though!!! :lol:

Cheers Dave we had a super de dooper time!!! But you leave my song choices alone- ye cannae beat a bit of Alfie!!! :lol:
morag1 wrote:Great fun report Polly, just wondering who was the Sargeant Major, shouting Tapz on, boots aff???

Love the photo of Usain Bolt :lol:

Oh that would be Gammy, he likes to keep us under control, Jonny tried it once but as you can see he's given to the madness too!! :crazy:

old danensian wrote:Thanks for the report Polly - whetted / wetted my appetite for this group (hills and people) as I was thinking about this for the meet up in August.

OD

Glad to be of help OD, definitely go in a group- more fun that way! Can't believe its nearly 3 months since I last saw you at the Green Welly :shock:

SusieThePensioner wrote: Can I join you next time please????? :lol:

Blooming heck of course you could!! We'd be honoured having photographic royalty like yourself with us :thumbup: :thumbup:

Meatball wrote:Cracking report Polly!
You'll certainly have to try the first one again in the dry!
Anyone else spot the innuendo bingo hidden in this report? No? Just me? LOL

Couldn't agree with you more, I'll be making a point of heading back up there :D

Hidden innuendo? Couldn't get my tongue, oops I mean my head round that one :wink:

laconic surf wrote:P.S In that first photo have you guys been sponsored by Berghaus Waterproof Trousers? :lol:

Well spotted LS, we are all in Berghaus Deluge trousers, mine being that wee bit different because my deluge was on the inside!! :crazy:

monty wrote:Excellent tale young lady. (Where have you been hiding?).
Another mini WH meet up. Looks like fun although the weather was dreicht. Big round so well done all. :D

Thanks gorgeous. I've been lurking in the Walks Blog section. Its safe in there!!! :shh:

PeteR wrote:It certainly seems a riot with all of you when you get out on the hills.

Hellooooo!
You're right Pete, it is a riot, coupled with a group therapy session, everything and anything gets discussed- excellent bunch of people, oops and dog!

So glad you had good weather on M&D- really gorgeous hills :D

Jock McJock wrote:Alexandra Hotel for Peroni and fish and chips??????? :shock: :shock: :shock: What about Dalmunzie for cheap lager, plate of crisps and, well, those views???!! Very disapointed!! :( :( Glad I wasn't there, the shame of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done folks, really wish I had been up to making this one. Hopefully on the mend and will be back to the MWSP club soon. Andy, get yer finger oot and get the pics on ya steamer! :lol: :lol: Oh and great report Polly, :clap: :clap: loved it......BUT.....what happened to song titles (or tittles as Jonny likes to call them :lol: ) for walk reports? Pfffft, standards are slipping. Jonny, sort her out eh? :lol: :lol:

MMMMMMMM you were missed- super mega big time!!! Don't worry you were much quoted and pretty much blamed for a lot of the occurences at Dalmunzie!!! Yes it was a possible venue for refreshments but would have meant Ron wouldn't be able to join us for a drink. And we knew you would go mental if we went back without you!!! I did have a song for my tittle but I wasn't brave enough to take the pelters!!! ( :shh: its in the first line of the text :shh: )
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby jonny616 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Top fun was had by all, but a little too much by Andy me thinks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DSC03684 (960x1280).jpg
Words are not required
jonny616
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:14
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:8   Islands:8

Postby jonny616 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:18 pm

Great report of a great day Polly :clap: :clap:
jonny616
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:14
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:8   Islands:8

Postby Fudgie » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:28 pm

A great read and a very lighthearted one at that which is good going considering you're describing a day which seemed to have been spent staring at nothing but clag :lol:
Fudgie
Mountain Walker

Munros:100   Corbetts:20
Fionas:3   Donalds:7

Postby Greigers » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:25 pm

Great job ya`ll photo`s paint a bleak picture but im sure the weather didnt dampen the spirits and good job on the tops Ronald :thumbup: :clap:
Greigers
Mountain Walker

Munros:7   
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:2   

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:38 pm

jonny616 wrote:Top fun was had by all, but a little too much by Andy me thinks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DSC03684 (960x1280).jpg

That's what I'm tauchin aboot!!!XXX
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:55 pm

jonny616 wrote:Great report of a great day Polly :clap: :clap:

Cheers Jonny, you are a hard act to follow and did you notice I didn't mention the math's teacher once??? :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:57 pm

Fudgie wrote:A great read and a very lighthearted one at that which is good going considering you're describing a day which seemed to have been spent staring at nothing but clag :lol:

Thanks Fudgie. We were honestly so happy to be out and about that a wee bit of rain wasn't going to spoil it!! :D
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Greigers wrote:Great job ya`ll photo`s paint a bleak picture but im sure the weather didnt dampen the spirits and good job on the tops Ronald :thumbup: :clap:

Cheers Greigers, that boy sure does love his tops :roll: :roll:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby rocket-ron » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:29 pm

yeah dont worry i will do cooking on skye. Am no wanting food poisining. You can pour the drinks. But the sounds off what your planning we will be lucky if we do any hills :lol:

Once again fat arse great report :lol:
rocket-ron
Mountaineer

Munros:222   Corbetts:93
Fionas:22   
Sub 2000:15   

Postby mountainstar » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Another one of your fine reports...shame about the weather tho! But still wished I was there :(
mountainstar
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:221
Fionas:24   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:217
Wainwrights:214   Islands:24

Postby L-Hiking » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Great Stuff Polly

Hope to bag these in August with another WH crowd :clap:
L-Hiking
Mountaineer

Munros:78   Corbetts:8
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:141
Wainwrights:214   

Postby gammy leg walker » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:46 pm

Well worth the wait for this one polly,the weather was defo mince,but the company was a"la carte,but with a certain gentleman of the "gentry" in our company what else would you expect. :wink:

No need for any apologies reqd,the drive home with you all sleeping was bliss,my ears had only stopped bleeding from all the dross spoken all day,like "you **** *** **** & *** **** her" :wtf:
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Postby Tomsie » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:04 pm

Good report Polly :clap: :clap: ,

I dont remember that crossing when I did it, although was a scorcher with blue skies, so prob after drying up :wink: :wink:

Quite a selection of goodies too :)
Tomsie
Walker

Munros:166   Corbetts:71
Fionas:38   Donalds:36
Sub 2000:21   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:8

Postby KeithS » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:15 pm

That's a fair trek and another great report P. I enjoyed it, thanks.
KeithS
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:9   Islands:47

16 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland