walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Tapz On!! Boots Aff!!

Tapz On!! Boots Aff!!

by pollyh33 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:32 am

Route description: White Mounth Munros, Glen Muick

Munros included on this walk: Broad Cairn, Cairn Bannoch, Càrn a' Choire Bhòidheach, Càrn an t-Sagairt Mòr, Lochnagar

Date walked: 23/06/2012

Time taken: 9.5 hours

Distance: 29 km

Ascent: 1228m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Tapz On!! Boots Aff!!

Postby Bod » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:49 pm

What laugh you guys at the river crossing! :)
Rimming the Corrie is the way to it, great stuff and great report, and of course all rounded off with a pint :)
Well done!!! :) :) :)
Bod
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:67
Fionas:34   Donalds:21
Sub 2000:44   Hewitts:29
Wainwrights:61   Islands:25

Postby fipriestley » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Great report Polly - and so much fun :lol: :thumbup: Still to do this set, so this is a good help. I'm looking forward to it :D
fipriestley
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:77
Fionas:7   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:5   Hewitts:7
Wainwrights:3   

Postby tomyboy73 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:19 pm

:lol: smasher Polly, made me laugh, sounds really easy too :lol: not too sure about a 2 hour walk out though :wtf:
tomyboy73
Mountain Walker

Munros:186   Corbetts:40
Fionas:9   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:6   Hewitts:6
Wainwrights:3   Islands:5
Walk wish-list

Postby rockhopper » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:57 pm

:lol: :lol: pity about the weather.....but at least you saw far more than I did up there and had a great day :thumbup:

however, history degree .v. hillwalking ? :o :shock: don't you think you'll miss all this fun ? :wink: - cheers :D
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby Johnny Corbett » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:13 am

Good stuff. Forget about the history degree it's not as important as hillwalking. The only courses i'm interested in is retirement cousres, to allow me more time on the hills :D
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby pollyh33 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:23 pm

rocket-ron wrote:yeah dont worry i will do cooking on skye. Am no wanting food poisining. You can pour the drinks. But the sounds off what your planning we will be lucky if we do any hills :lol:

Once again fat arse great report :lol:

Ron don't be bringing any of that dodgy meat with you and blaming my yummy cocktails for you hurling at the top of the In PInn!!!
mountainstar wrote:Another one of your fine reports...shame about the weather tho! But still wished I was there :(

Alan it would have fantastic to have you there!!!
L-Hiking wrote:Great Stuff Polly

Hope to bag these in August with another WH crowd :clap:

Glad you enjoyed it L-H, have a ball in August!!

gammy leg walker wrote:Well worth the wait for this one polly,the weather was defo mince,but the company was a"la carte,but with a certain gentleman of the "gentry" in our company what else would you expect. :wink:

No need for any apologies reqd,the drive home with you all sleeping was bliss,my ears had only stopped bleeding from all the dross spoken all day,like "you **** *** **** & *** **** her" :wtf:

Hellllooo Willie, so happy that you enjoyed the report!!! As for the dross in question was that not your unforgettable gem :clap:
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby pollyh33 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Tomsie wrote:Good report Polly :clap: :clap: ,

I dont remember that crossing when I did it, although was a scorcher with blue skies, so prob after drying up :wink: :wink:

Quite a selection of goodies too :)

Thanks John, its a pity you couldn't join us, you might have brought some of that fantasticsunshine you brought to Bynack More with you 8) 8)
Keith Sayliss wrote:That's a fair trek and another great report P. I enjoyed it, thanks.

Cheers Keith, its a fair trek but a very easy one- no complaints here!! :D

Bod wrote:What laugh you guys at the river crossing! :)
Rimming the Corrie is the way to it, great stuff and great report, and of course all rounded off with a pint :)
Well done!!! :) :) :)

Thanks Bod. I'm just glad there wasn't a swear box anywhere that blooming river because I'd be skint!!! :roll:
fipriestley wrote:Great report Polly - and so much fun :lol: :thumbup: Still to do this set, so this is a good help. I'm looking forward to it :D

Hi Fi. Oh we did have fun- not a lot of sunshine but definitely lots of fun!!!
Cheers XX
pollyh33
Walker

Postby LeithySuburbs » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:39 pm

You lot are a commited bunch :) . Nothing like a bit of river shenanigans to add to the fun :lol: .
LeithySuburbs
Ambler

Munros:259   Corbetts:56
Fionas:29   Donalds:33
Sub 2000:41   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:23   Islands:13

Postby pigeon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:14 pm

Blimey !Don't remember that river crossing,were you lost :lol: :lol: Good to see you lot making the most of a wet day.You're right polly ,after Lochnagar it's a good stroll round the rest,a long one right enough :thumbup:
pigeon
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:130
Fionas:41   Donalds:40+7
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   Islands:2
Walk wish-list

Postby BobMcBob » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Great report, very enjoyable read :)
BobMcBob
Rambler

Munros:73   Corbetts:18
Fionas:9   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:12   

Postby mrssanta » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:44 pm

nothing better than a good walk with your mates on a rotten day, except perhaps a good walk with your mates on a fine day!!
:crazy:
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:41   Islands:13

Postby Del246 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:46 pm

Great report Polly.Im looking forward to when I do this route. I was a bit gutted I could not make it, but I was taking my daughter up her first Corbett at the same time !
Del246
Munro compleatist

Munros:105   Corbetts:15
Fionas:2   Donalds:1

Postby rocket-ron » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:40 pm

pollyh33 wrote:

There is a very good path all the way through the estate and for pretty much the majority of this walk. I was kept on his leash until we cleared the main buildings and grazing deer and did what auld dogs do, ran ahead and looked back to see why we were so slow or was that Ron??? :roll:

rocket-ron
Mountaineer

Munros:222   Corbetts:99
Fionas:22   
Sub 2000:16   

Postby pollyh33 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:16 am

pigeon wrote:Blimey !Don't remember that river crossing,were you lost :lol: :lol: Good to see you lot making the most of a wet day.You're right polly ,after Lochnagar it's a good stroll round the rest,a long one right enough :thumbup:

Ha ha Pigeon, if it wasn't for the hugemungous path, we probably would have thought we lost because
no-one has ever mentioned it before

rockhopper wrote::lol: :lol: pity about the weather.....but at least you saw far more than I did up there and had a great day :thumbup:

however, history degree .v. hillwalking ? :o :shock: don't you think you'll miss all this fun ? :wink: - cheers :D

Oh stop RH, you'll have me in tears!!! I'm going to miss all my pals terribly but hey I'll be a good person to have in a quiz team!!! :lol:
Johnny Corbett wrote:Good stuff. Forget about the history degree it's not as important as hillwalking. The only courses i'm interested in is retirement cousres, to allow me more time on the hills :D

More time on the hills??? Johnny- you're never off the hills!!! :lol: :lol:
LeithySuburbs wrote:You lot are a commited bunch :) . Nothing like a bit of river shenanigans to add to the fun :lol: .

Yeah couldn't agree more, this bunch should be commited!!! :shock: Cheers Joe X
tomyboy73 wrote::lol: smasher Polly, made me laugh, sounds really easy too :lol: not too sure about a 2 hour walk out though :wtf:

Where were you Tommy, it was left to me to leave Gammy's car in a muckier state this time!! :crazy:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:21 am

BobMcBob wrote:Great report, very enjoyable read :)

Cheers BMcB,
Glad you enjoyed it :D

mrssanta wrote:nothing better than a good walk with your mates on a rotten day, except perhaps a good walk with your mates on a fine day!!
:crazy:

Thanks Kate, couldn't agree with you more :thumbup:

Del246 wrote:Great report Polly.Im looking forward to when I do this route. I was a bit gutted I could not make it, but I was taking my daughter up her first Corbett at the same time !

Cheers Derek, Oh I hope you had better weather than us!!! Did your little princess enjoy herself???? :D
pollyh33
Walker

16 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland