walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Friday the 13th on the Grey Corries

Friday the 13th on the Grey Corries

by Alan S » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Route description: The Grey Corries

Munros included on this walk: Sgùrr Chòinnich Mòr, Stob Bàn (Grey Corries), Stob Choire Claurigh, Stob Coire an Laoigh

Date walked: 13/07/2012

Time taken: 9.3 hours

Distance: 24 km

Ascent: 1800m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Friday the 13th on the Grey Corries

Postby rockhopper » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:31 pm

Glad you got a clear day for it - the views along the ridge are not to be missed :thumbup: well done and I'm still chuckling at "A strange looking figure which im told brings good luck to walkers....next to the wee minister" :lol: - cheers :D
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby Graeme D » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:56 am

Wasnae feeling too great myself the following day on the Loch Lochy circuit. Like you I must have had a beer that was past it's best before date! :lol: Got great views of this route coming back down the road past the memorial into Spean Bridge. Certainly cannot wait to do it myself one day. That second last photo is a stunner by the way. Great stuff Alan. Cheers!
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:124
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:62   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Postby incompleat » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:31 am

Great report! A long day if you're not feeling right. We were in Glen Shiel that day and on the way home in the evening the sun lit up the Grey Corries beautifully...
incompleat
Mountaineer

Munros:167   Corbetts:13
Fionas:4   
Sub 2000:18   

Postby Scotjamie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:36 pm

Out of action myself just now Alan so it was great to read such an enjoyable report - photos make it look like one of the best days..... and the narrative makes it sound like one of the worst days - all rolled into one. Well done you...and JB
Scotjamie
Wanderer

Munros:148   

Postby monty » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Nice report Alan. Looks like you had a good day. Some great moody photos of the ridge. Nice :D
monty

Postby Alan S » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:25 pm

thanks fudgie,stuart Angus,rockhopper,GraemeD,incompleat,scotjamie and monty for all your comments 8)
Graeme D wrote:Wasnae feeling too great myself the following day on the Loch Lochy circuit. Like you I must have had a beer that was past it's best before date! :lol: Got great views of this route coming back down the road past the memorial into Spean Bridge. Certainly cannot wait to do it myself one day. That second last photo is a stunner by the way. Great stuff Alan. Cheers!

Hope your walk went ok Graeme,Dodgy beer :shock: never had any, Its usually the food :lol:
Thanks very much for the photo comment 8)
Scotjamie wrote:Out of action myself just now Alan so it was great to read such an enjoyable report - photos make it look like one of the best days..... and the narrative makes it sound like one of the worst days - all rolled into one. Well done you...and JB

Thanks Alan hope your recovery is going well and get back into action soon,cheers :D

Thanks again to all who have commented on my report :D
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Postby jonny616 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Nice one Alan. the weather almost looked good enough for the man boobs shot! :lol: :lol:
jonny616
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:14
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:8   Islands:8

Postby gammy leg walker » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:19 pm

jonny616 wrote:Nice one Alan. the weather almost looked good enough for the man boobs shot! :lol: :lol:

Please no,am scarred for life.
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Postby Bod » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:39 pm

Some of those corries sure are grey! Nice report and well photographed. I have been pondering over options to walk these mountains and the two neighbouring corbetts for some time now (Gavin99 has been having an influence :D ). Two days I reckon though.
Goodluck with the warm-up and Fisherfield, enjoy :D :D :D
Bod
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:67
Fionas:34   Donalds:21
Sub 2000:44   Hewitts:29
Wainwrights:61   Islands:25

Postby Alan S » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:49 pm

jonny616 wrote:Nice one Alan. the weather almost looked good enough for the man boobs shot! :lol: :lol:

cheers Jonny, needs to be really hot to get me moobs out :lol:
gammy leg walker wrote:

Please no,am scarred for life.

Not as scarred as I am with the thought that you still wear that buff :wink: :lol:
Bod wrote:Some of those corries sure are grey! Nice report and well photographed. I have been pondering over options to walk these mountains and the two neighbouring corbetts for some time now (Gavin99 has been having an influence :D ). Two days I reckon though.
Goodluck with the warm-up and Fisherfield, enjoy :D :D :D

Thanks Bod, Now that I have seen the corbetts I would love to have included them in this walk 8)
best of luck when the time comes :D
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Walk wish-list

Postby Andy4444uk » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:32 pm

I was at the top of Stob Ban on the 13th also, I was wondering why someone would stop so close to the summit for so long (well it seemed like ages!) Now I know, Fantastic day out! Great report!
Andy4444uk
Munro compleatist

Postby Alan S » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:05 pm

Cheers Andy :D
Yeh Stob Ban is pretty special, Its a great walk glad you enjoyed it
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Walk wish-list

5 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland