walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Drumochter Second Visit at night

Drumochter Second Visit at night

Postby welshwalker » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:22 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Udlamain, Sgàirneach Mhòr

Date walked: 21/07/2012

Time taken: 5 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Arrived about 03.30, initially cloud free so sky was starting to brighten from 01.30am on way up!

Parked at Layby 79.

Crossed track at wrong place, should have gone further down and used underpass which I did on way back. If redoing, would be more careful as bend in track in both directions might not give much warning of trains.

Followed path up then took minor path to right which went up and through peat bog on hillside. I wanted to make more of a circular route.

Clouds came in before first munro although got some nice photos of sunrise about halfway through walk. On second summit, clouds went away and had one of few cloud free summits this year!

Followed footpath down to river then across bridge, before heading down landrover track.

Very quiet on hills although as I was leaving I did see someone arrive.
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

welshwalker

Munros:84   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:8   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland