walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Duck Broken !!!

Duck Broken !!!

Postby markthespark » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Route description: Ben Lomond

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Date walked: 20/07/2012

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 12.5 km

Ascent: 990m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I'd been wanting to do more hill walking for ages, so I decided to try and do my nearest Munro, so I set out from Linlithgow and made it through to Rowardennen for 9 a.m.
Got togged up and set off in overcast conditions, but surprisingly, with the all the "damp weather" of late, the conditions underfoot were fine.
Not many folk on the Ben that early, so was pretty good going to the top ( got to admit, I found it harder going in the steep climbs) and reached the summit by 12, to find it totally obscured in mist.
Not much to see, so I had a 1/2 hour break for coffee and a blether with another walker, took the obligotory photographs, and set off down again.

Ben Lomond 20-07-12-B (3).jpg
Me at top, first Munro bagged, many to go

Met more folk on descent, heading up to summit, taking advantage of what was then a better day as the wind had shifted the mist.
Overlooking Loch Lomond 2 (2).jpg
Looking back over Loch Lomond once below cloud cover

All in all, a good day out, far better than the prospect of suffering WET WET WET at Glasgow Green which had been the other option.

Looking forward to next adventure, whenever I get a chance.
markthespark
Walker

Munros:17   

Re: Duck Broken !!!

Postby skuk007 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:55 am

Nice one Mark, shame about the views, better luck on the next couple of hundred and more. :)
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Re: Duck Broken !!!

Postby Fudgie » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:58 am

The obsession begins :D
Fudgie
Mountain Walker

Munros:100   Corbetts:20
Fionas:3   Donalds:7

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland