walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A hektik day in Arachor

A hektik day in Arachor

Postby nbrannigan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ime, Beinn Narnain

Date walked: 08/04/2012

Time taken: 4.5 hours

Distance: 13.5 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Me and my family struck out to do Beinn narnain and Beinn ime,( we did this at Easter). We had planned to go up the face of Beinn narnain(I'd suggest no one goes up or down the face of Beinn narnain because the path is overgrowen and there are cliffs at the top) But we couldn't find the path up the face of beinn narnain so instead we decided to do Beinn ime first. To do Beinn ime you drive to the northern top of loch long, there is a large car park there and you shouldn't have any problem parking. You then cross the road onto a well marked path that slowly
zig-zags

Soon we got out of the forest and the path flattens out and we saw the cobbler ahead of us.This area is called the boulders of narnain and you follow this path for 2.6KM until you are beside the steep slopes of the cobbler here you turn right onto a bleach, here we turned left onto the slowly rising slopes of Beinn ime the path isn't very distinct and we had to cross over very bobby ground, the summit sits at 1011M would of given us amazing views If it wasn't snowing and raining :-x :-x and we rushed off the top.

We got back to the bealach And went up the hard steep slopes of Beinn narnain, we had our tea and lunch before heading off the opposite side of of Beinn narnain descending towards loch long, now I,LL again recommend you not to go down or up that way but instead go back to the bealach and go back down to the bolders of narnain because the way we did it was dangerous. :o not knowing that we went right of the face I regretted it. :lol: but made it back in one pice.

Neil Brannigan

Aged12

You can see the way we went down off the summit of Beinn narnain the most dangerous part is marked as
Cruach nam Mseag that is where the cliffs are.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

nbrannigan
Stravaiging

Munros:227   Corbetts:3
Grahams:2   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:5   

Re: A hektik day in Arachor

Postby Hbrannigan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Cool I agree about not going up or down Beinn narnain face
Hbrannigan
Mountain Walker

Munros:203   Corbetts:6
Grahams:3   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:2   

Postby nbrannigan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:28 pm

Hbrannigan wrote:Cool I agree about not going up or down Beinn narnain face

It was tough going down that face I all most fell down one of the cliffs. :shock:
nbrannigan
Stravaiging

Munros:227   Corbetts:3
Grahams:2   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:5   

Postby Hbrannigan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:45 pm

nbrannigan wrote:
Hbrannigan wrote:Cool I agree about not going up or down Beinn narnain face

It was tough going down that face I all most fell down one of the cliffs. :shock:

I went down with my dog it was harder with her. :lol:
Hbrannigan
Mountain Walker

Postby Hbrannigan » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:21 am

RTC wrote:33 Munros + some other hills at the age of 12 is brilliant, Neil.

Thanks ivedone 58 but still to upload them
Hbrannigan
Mountain Walker

Postby robertphillips » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:41 pm

Well done young man. :clap:
robertphillips
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Grahams:219   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:405   Hewitts:143
Wainwrights:214   Islands:25

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland