walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Broke rules and broke ranks on Braeriach

Broke rules and broke ranks on Braeriach

by dogplodder » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:32 pm

Route description: Braeriach, circuit from Whitewell

Munros included on this walk: Braeriach

Date walked: 26/09/2009

Distance: 25 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Broke rules and broke ranks on Braeriach

Postby dogplodder » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:13 am

Bod wrote:Valerie and Ritchie haven't been up there yet, and I walked in from Derry Lodge and Cairn Toul a few years back. So from the north it will be next time, perhaps with a wee touch of winter :wink: :) :)

Definitely shorter from Cairngorm car park than via Derry Lodge - but whichever way you go it's so worth it once you're up there. :D
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:26   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Re: Broke rules and broke ranks on Braeriach

Postby dogplodder » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:21 am

Border Reiver wrote:I've enjoyed reading your report and seeing pics of the Cairngorms again. Braeriach is probably my favourite mountain, there's so much more to it than most people ever see. My first ascent was by Chalamain gap - return same way. Next was throught the Lairig Gru & onto the plateau from the Garbh Coire, camped next to the Wells of Dee & returned via Chalamin Gap. The route up Glen Einich, via Coire Dhondail is also good, but my favourite has to be from Glen Feshie, crossing the Moine Mhor with views down Loch Einich. A remote and beautiful part of Scotland. We have plans to camp out on Braeriach again sometime.

Did that route across the Moine Mhor when climbing Angel's Peak and Cairn Toul with friends who had already done Braeriach. We got to the Wells of Dee then turned south for Angel's Peak so I didn't quite make it that day and was determined to get back! :wink:
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:26   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

9 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland