walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Ime 2011

Beinn Ime 2011

Postby JonAksel » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:17 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ime

Date walked: 10/07/2011

Time taken: 3.75 hours

Distance: 6.55 km

Ascent: 850m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This tripreport is published earlier on another site, but I will put it here as well. I hope that's OK, just want the routes and statistics to be right.

This is the route description.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

This was my third Munro summit. I hadn't started to think about the InPinn, and I didn't know about Corbetts. And also I didn't know much about posting tripreports, finally I hadn't discovered photobucket yet.

Now I will try to update it.

I started very optimistic to climb eastwards up the grassy hillside of Beinn Luibhean. Since the summit was covered by the cloud blanket, I didn't go to the summit but rounded the hill. If it was today I would have known better and conveniently ticked that Corbett.

At least I didn't walk alone.

This is the view of the Glen between Beinn Luibhean and Beinn Ime, on the western side of the hills. I don't know the name of this Glen.

Summer in the scottish hillsides.

The landscape flattened a bit.

Suddenly I was at the summit. But I should have taken more pictures on the way up.

This was an afternoon trip.

It looked like the view was better from the hillside than from the summit on this day. That's maybe not so uncommon.

Selfportrait from the summit of Beinn Ime.

But miracles happen. After a few minutes the fog blew away.

This is Beinn Luibhean seen from the northern slopes of Beinn Ime.
If I need some exercise one evening I might go and climb that Corbett
all the way to the summit.

And this is the view through Glen Kinglas to Loch Fyne, seen from Beinn Ime.

From the descent on Beinn Ime's northern side.

I came down through this reforestation area. Behind the snag is Beinn an Lochain, another Corbett.

This is where I returned to the road again. It looks like the cloud blanket came back up there, but it didn't rain much on me, and I had some good views and exercise.
JonAksel
Munro compleatist

Munros:115   Corbetts:4
Grahams:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:8   

Re: Beinn Ime 2011

Postby Bod » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Nice one, a great wee walk and you got your reward when the weather cleared :wink: :D :D
Bod
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:51
Grahams:30   Donalds:20
Sub 2000:42   Hewitts:9
Wainwrights:7   Islands:24

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland