walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Sunny days on the beautiful Buachaille etive Beag

Sunny days on the beautiful Buachaille etive Beag

Postby Stuart Angus » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:16 pm

Munros included on this walk: Stob Coire Raineach (Buachaille Etive Beag), Stob Dubh (Buachaille Etive Beag)

Date walked: 11/08/2012

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 8 km

Ascent: 1000m

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Sunny Saturday was to be my date for a picutre of Glen Etive to be canvassed and hung proudly on my living room wall................it didn't quite work out, (bit too hazy) but it did get my brother into Glencoe for the first time with his walking boots on. All we heard the whole way up & down the hill and all the way home was "man this place is awesome" so I think he quite liked it! Some pictures from big Johns day in the hills! 8)
IMG_0030.JPG
Aonach Eagach, from half way up Stob Corie Raineach

IMG_0032.JPG
View back to Stob Dubh from half way up Stob Coire Raineach

IMG_0044.JPG
At the top of Stob Coire Raineach

IMG_0061.JPG
John doubling his Munro count on Stob Coire Raineach, nice view back to Stob Dubh too!

IMG_0073.JPG
Following the path over to Stob Dubh

IMG_0083.JPG
View from the top of Stob Dubh back over to Stob Coire Raineach

IMG_0085.JPG
View over to Bidean

IMG_0099.JPG
Me at the top of Stob Dubh with Stevo

IMG_0118.JPG
Nice!

IMG_0087.JPG
John trebling his Munro count, he'll need to lie down soon!

IMG_0151.JPG
All too much for some of us!

IMG_0112.JPG
I couldn't get enough of the Buachaille Etive Mor today, it looked excellent!

IMG_0130_edited-1.JPG
The killer picture didn't come out quite how I wanted...............too hazy. I'll just need to go back:)

IMG_0139.JPG
View over to Ben Nevis & The Mamores

IMG_0166.JPG
Heading down

IMG_0174.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG
One final look at the Aonach Eagach

That's it, An Teallach for me next to celebrate my 50 and Stevo's 100 8)
Stuart Angus

Munros:81   Corbetts:6
Grahams:3   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:4   

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland