walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Fisherfield,Midge hell.... Summit else

Fisherfield,Midge hell.... Summit else

by Alan S » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:26 pm

Route description: Fisherfield 6, from Shenavall

Munros included on this walk: A' Mhaighdean, Beinn Tarsuinn, Mullach Coire Mhic Fhearchair, Ruadh Stac Mòr, Sgùrr Bàn

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn a' Chlaidheimh

Date walked: 11/08/2012

Time taken: 18.15 hours

Distance: 29 km

Ascent: 2254m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Fisherfield,Midge hell.... Summit else

Postby madasa mongoose » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Oh man! Fantastic shots :thumbup: And such glorious weather. Jealous! :mrgreen: Well done all whether 1, 2 or 6 magnificent hills were explored. Tis a stunning area and worthy of many a return visit :D
madasa mongoose
Munro compleatist

Munros:267   Corbetts:1

Postby SAVAGEALICE » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:03 pm

great pics Alan
crackin weekend ..even with the midges, no sleep, lots of rocky steep terrain, burnin feet, bogs and river crossings in the pitch black!
Toughest thing ive ever done ..what a fantastice experience! :)
No need to thank me .. I am just as glad and thankful you were there too ..reckon I'd of struggled at Rocket Rons pace all the way round!! lol :D
SAVAGEALICE

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:79   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:46   Hewitts:22
Wainwrights:33   Islands:21

Postby morag1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:52 pm

Fantastic effort, well done Alan and Alice :clap:
morag1

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:02 pm

Amazing achievement by the Fantastic Fisherfield Five :clap:

Love, love, love all your photos but especially the Munro No.6 one :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well done mate !

P XX
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby Alan S » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:05 pm

Stretch wrote:I'm proud of ya Alan! Excellent effort my friend. You've come a long way since this . . . .

:lol: Cheers big man, remember that was just for the cameras :D
scoob999 wrote:Well done Alan :clap:
Massive effort to get these done by the sound of things, cant wait to get into this area myself :D
Excellent photies too

Thanks Scoob, Im sure you will be more than up for this massive effort :D
trekker53 wrote:Well done for completing the circuit. That was a truly long day. The views from these summits are outstanding especially if the weather is on your side. I'm sure you had quite a party afterwards in the bothy.

Thanks trekker53. no party for me in the bothy i was buggered, I had a wee party in the tent with the midges and my dinner :lol:
monty wrote:Excellent effort Allan and Alice. Great set of photos. :D

Cheers monty :D
Mountainlove wrote:Some lovely photos and together with Gammys report it makes good reading...well done for camping in August amongst millions of Midges ...dont even want to think about midges after I walked in eually bad conditions last weekend :crazy: :crazy:

Thanks ML, yeh midges were nightmare really bad the now but in the end it was just me that was buzzin :lol:
gammy leg walker wrote:Pics are awesome mate but cannie understand one wee thing..............................you said there was millions of midges,yet a cannie see any pics of them,think you are havering. :lol:

Cheers mate, Remember and tell me when you and Jonny are going back, coz am no goin :lol:
jonny616 wrote:Great photos Alan

Great weekend :clap:

Cheers Jonny can only thank you once again for that whisky, but it didnt keep the midges away :lol:
Bod wrote:Well done Alan, that's some walk! I am going to be mulling over the best way to tackle this area for a long time. Got all sort of opinions to consider.....makes it all even more fun :D :D :D :D :clap:

Thanks Bod, You and Val will love this hope you enjoy when the time comes :D
madasa mongoose wrote:Oh man! Fantastic shots :thumbup: And such glorious weather. Jealous! :mrgreen: Well done all whether 1, 2 or 6 magnificent hills were explored. Tis a stunning area and worthy of many a return visit :D

Thanks MM my only return in the near future is heading to An Teallach :D
SAVAGEALICE wrote:great pics Alan
crackin weekend ..even with the midges, no sleep, lots of rocky steep terrain, burnin feet, bogs and river crossings in the pitch black!
Toughest thing ive ever done ..what a fantastice experience! :)
No need to thank me .. I am just as glad and thankful you were there too ..reckon I'd of struggled at Rocket Rons pace all the way round!! lol :D

Thanks Alice,Im just so happy you decided to carry on, glad you enjoyed it hopefully we can meet again soon with all the others :D Dont know about you but my feet are still sore :lol:
morag1 wrote:Fantastic effort, well done Alan and Alice :clap:

Thanks Morag :D
pollyh33 wrote:Amazing achievement by the Fantastic Fisherfield Five :clap:

Love, love, love all your photos but especially the Munro No.6 one :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well done mate !

P XX

Polly I so wish you were there..... It would have been 100 less midges biting me :lol:
Seriously though you missed a belter and really wish you had made this as you would have loved it, I really did think you would have made a last minute appearance until Jonny told me that you were working :D

Thanks to all for taking the time to reply 8)
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Postby mountain thyme » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:24 pm

Well done Alan.. some beautiful pics.. thanks for sharing.. i never seen a thing on these until we got to the 6th munro as the weather was that bad :(
mountain thyme
Walker

Munros:40   Corbetts:222
Fionas:12   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Alan S » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:14 pm

mountain thyme wrote:Well done Alan.. some beautiful pics.. thanks for sharing.. i never seen a thing on these until we got to the 6th munro as the weather was that bad :(

Thanks MT
Dont worry about it you will get better weather when you go back up for the corbetts there :D
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Walk wish-list

Postby Scotjamie » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:11 am

brilliant ..... nuff said
Scotjamie
Wanderer

Munros:148   

Postby Johnny Corbett » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:39 am

The photos say it all, totally stunning, brings back the memories. Good on Jonny as well for staying with Gammy and letting the rest of you get this round done :thumbup:
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby SMRussell » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:13 pm

Looks like a great day in some beautiful hills :D
Love the photos!
SMRussell

Munros:184   Corbetts:20
Fionas:16   Donalds:34
Sub 2000:21   Hewitts:122
Wainwrights:103   Islands:11

Postby Gavin99 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Great stuff , well done , some lovely photos too , hope your jaggy nettle stings are healing :D
Gavin99
Mountaineer

Munros:280   Corbetts:134
Fionas:78   Donalds:70
Sub 2000:38   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:16   
Walk wish-list

Postby Graeme D » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:09 pm

18.5 hours...... brilliant. Absolutely f***ing brilliant! I thought some of my 11 hour days were hardcore! Cannae wait until I walk for nearly 20 hours in scenery and terrain like that. When it's one of the hardest things you've ever done and you're walking with gritted teeth at the end, you know it's been a great day. One of the best set of photos I've seen on this or any other site Alan. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:123
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:59   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Postby Alan S » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Scotjamie wrote:brilliant ..... nuff said

Thanks a lot Alan 8)
Johnny Corbett wrote:The photos say it all, totally stunning, brings back the memories. Good on Jonny as well for staying with Gammy and letting the rest of you get this round done :thumbup:

Cheers Johnny :D yeh was good that Jonny was there,they 2 will be back with a bang :D
SMRussell wrote:Looks like a great day in some beautiful hills :D
Love the photos!

Gavin99 wrote:Great stuff , well done , some lovely photos too , hope your jaggy nettle stings are healing :D

Cheers Gavin :D The jaggys were definetly unwanted but by that time I would have walked through anything :D
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Walk wish-list

Postby Alan S » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Graeme D wrote:18.5 hours...... brilliant. Absolutely f***ing brilliant! I thought some of my 11 hour days were hardcore! Cannae wait until I walk for nearly 20 hours in scenery and terrain like that. When it's one of the hardest things you've ever done and you're walking with gritted teeth at the end, you know it's been a great day. One of the best set of photos I've seen on this or any other site Alan. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

8) :D Thanks very much Mr D :D Your comments have certainly made my day :mrgreen:
Im sure you and Debbie will have no bother going over these :D I hope you enjoy when the time comes it certainly is my best achievement yet,I still cant believe we got over it and how long it was :D

Thanks again for the photo comments :D

Alan
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Walk wish-list

Postby Graeme D » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:48 pm

No worries! 8)
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:123
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:59   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland