walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Ime (My 7th Munro) 6th Aug 2012

Beinn Ime (My 7th Munro) 6th Aug 2012

Postby Gary1904 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:40 am

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ìme

Date walked: 06/08/2012

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 13.5 km

Ascent: 1011m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

To locate Beinn Ime just follow the same path in Arrocher that you would use to climb Ben Arthur (The Cobbler) and Beinn Narnain. Park in the car park at the start of the path which is £1 all day. The path up to Ben Narnain is brutal, I abs
outely hate the walk up. Once you reach the back path to The Cobbler and Narnain you then need to head slighty to a North East direction, it's mountain almost straight ahead but just to the right. There isn't a good path, you have to make your way over some boggy areas until you reach a fence, it's through the only gate that leads you to the path for Ime. It's a fairly straigh forward climb to the top, you have done most of the climb coming from the car park .... Not a great mountain if the weather is bad but I can imagine great views if it's a nice day. Good shelter at the simmit from the wind if you plan having some food at the top.

Check out my new facebook page dedicated for my munro quest >>

https://www.facebook.com/Myquesttobagthe282munromountainsbyGaryThomson

1.jpg
The carpark in Arrocher

2.jpg
The start

3.jpg
Foxy

4.jpg
Me at thr beginning of the brutal path up

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg
The "halfway" gate I called this, leads to Ime path

8.jpg
Narnain and the Cobbler

9.jpg
Beinn Narnain

11.jpg
Munro No.7

12.jpg
at the top
Attachments
13.jpg
Me and my mate Seb (class drummer)
Gary1904
Munro compleatist

Munros:9   Corbetts:1

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland