walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Strolling Down the Lairig Ghru

Strolling Down the Lairig Ghru

by madasa mongoose » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:35 pm

Route description: Lairig Ghru

Date walked: 10/08/2012

Time taken: 10 hours

Distance: 30 km

Ascent: 810m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Strolling Down the Lairig Ghru

Postby madasa mongoose » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:00 pm

basscadet wrote:You certaqinly got a fab day for it.. I dont think I have heard of anyone making tit through the larig ghru without getting a soaking before :)

Hey BC. Yep, we were very lucky with the weather. Big up to Leithy Suburbs :D

basscadet wrote: I think I know the taxi driver you got.. (there are only 2 in the area!) A right blether isnt he! :crazy:

:lol: He was very chatty but to be fair he did us a good deal. The price you pay I guess... :wink:

morag1 wrote:Would love to do this one day so found your report and photos a great help, ta :D

Cheers Morag.

morag1 wrote: Lucky you getting such nice weather, everyone says it's always blowing a hoolie, something to do with the pass being a bit of a wind tunnel :?

I've been up that way several times to get into various hills and I can vouch for the wind tunnel effect. Choose your day and pray to the weather gods :D
madasa mongoose
Munro compleatist

Munros:267   Corbetts:1

Re: Strolling Down the Lairig Ghru

Postby MusicalHiker » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:27 pm

I long to do this one, it's a lifetime ambition. I don't want to do it alone though so it will take some planning and a lot of travel. I have walked about 8 miles in from either end but never done the big bit in the middle! Lovely photos, it looks as incredible as I hope it will be....
MusicalHiker
Mountain Walker

Munros:17   Corbetts:21
Fionas:7   
Sub 2000:10   Hewitts:16
Wainwrights:22   Islands:22

10 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland